Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!  (Read 2039 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« on: July 26, 2007, 05:31:52 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07262007

Ray steps on things, Lyle pisses on them.

This one is highly enjoyable.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 05:39:46 am »

I've wondered how Lyle affords his habit. I guess conning little otters is one way to make a living.

If only I could speak to the otters...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 12:04:02 pm »

Why does Lyle choose to write a children's book in such an old-fashioned style? I wouldn't think it was his sort of thing.    Is that just the only font they have lying around the house due to Mr Bear's influence, so he chooses to do something in keeping with it?

But, I do sympathize with the giraffe. A lot of things in my neighborhood are being turned into apartments for ungrateful people.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 12:31:30 pm »

Lyle is a classical kind of guy. Plus he has hazy memories of story books during his childhood and sees no reason why such things should change.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 02:16:24 pm »

At first, I didn't like the glasses?

And now the glasses make more sense than anything else in the world.

"Of course Lyle wears glasses like that" I say to myself "every wild drunk I've ever known ends up wearing those glasses when they get a little older... how could I have been such a fool?"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 05:29:17 pm »

I think Lyle may be disappointed in the number of dollar bills Philippe actually possesses. He would have been better off asking for nickels.

Nonetheless, I love the old-fashioned calligraphy. One day, Lyle, you will have Liquid Banjo and all that comes with it.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 05:52:40 pm »

Liquid Banjo would be a good name for a typeface.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 06:12:01 pm »

Man, the otter is getting conned out of his allowance money.

Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 06:28:38 pm »

Some names certainly are...crimes.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 08:25:09 pm »

I wonder if the vomit will rinse out of Teodor's keyboard.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 26th July 2007 - Oh my goodness! How convenient!
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 11:42:02 pm »

I think Lyle may be disappointed in the number of dollar bills Philippe actually possesses. He would have been better off asking for nickels.

We know that he has at least seven.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up