Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis  (Read 3411 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« on: July 27, 2007, 05:58:42 pm »

Kevan is starting to creep me out. 

www.chorewars.com

I'm torn between thinking this is really awesome, and wondering if it is not, in fact, actually incredibly lame. 

Of course I have an account already.  Because I am, apparently, Kevan's bitch. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 06:51:27 pm »

The SO showed me this with great enthusiasm a few days ago actually.  He was so in to it.  I give it a big, fat, lame-o stamp, but I often joke with him about work around the house that he is gaining experience points, earning another portion of heart, if he cleans under something he might find a gold coin, etc. and he really digs that.  One specific occasion, we were loading bricks into the truck and I was urging him that he only had to move eleven more to earn another experience point, and it seriously motivated him way more than me saying "eleven more bricks and we're done" ever would.   I don't get it, I don't get why anyone would dig it, I don't get the sort of games this thing parodies, it's all annoying to me, but if it works, then all the better for ya.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 07:41:08 pm »

I was interested before I realized that you essentially had to set up your own experience ladder, and that just seems like way too much damn work. Besides, my stats were kind of pitiful, apparently because I don't like the right kinds of chores?

Anyway, sometimes I wonder if Kevan has a Problem. He seems to make this stuff compulsively.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 07:56:32 pm »

Bah!  I'm a Progress Quest player and I'll die a Progress Quest player.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 08:00:46 pm »

I don't want to know that people are playing online games instead of posting amusing things on the messageboard!  LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU....
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 01:51:51 am »

I have an instinctive distrust of anything that tries to disguise work as fun.


Bah!  I'm a Progress Quest player and I'll die a Progress Quest player.

I used to be a statbuilder man but this might be even better.
Also the stat builder site doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 07:39:14 pm »

I have a character but no party. I guess my adventure ends here.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 07:56:59 pm »

We could start a TOUAMB party, but all the chores would have to be stuff like "not being a crap dude."
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 08:25:39 pm »

HEE!! I think this is the game that Gabe and Tycho were parodying a few days ago.


***EDIT: Do we have a TOUAMB Party yet??

YAY! We do now, hoss.

http://www.chorewars.com/invite.php?id=7a3afd1a7377

I have started to create adventures, but I was up early this morning and my attention to the computer is waning with each scotch and soda that I consume. Please, TOUAMBies, help me make awesome adventures, and please note that I started creating TOUAMBie themed adventures in random order. Please do not be offended if I have not made one for you yet, and please don't be pissed if you think the adventure that I made is lame. Help me improve, okay?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 09:43:28 pm by linnea »
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 03:05:20 am »

It turns out I am a sorceror, and I am gifted at paying bills I think.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 05:05:19 am »

I'm a barbarian! Goddammit. Time to go adventure.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 03:00:01 pm »

For some reason, his sites always fuck with me when I go wireless. Pages don't load or are slow as hell.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 05:22:17 pm »

When I set my character up I also created a party and joined it.  I can find no way to quit that party and join TOUAMB. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Another web-based mmorpg from kevan davis
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 06:10:54 pm »

When I set my character up I also created a party and joined it.  I can find no way to quit that party and join TOUAMB. 

Paul, their site says this: If you want to join multiple parties, you should log out and create a new account for each party, so that they aren't sharing the same pool of experience points.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up