Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alexander Kennedy Miller  (Read 1316 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Alexander Kennedy Miller
« on: August 07, 2007, 11:45:02 pm »

Have you folks ever heard of Alexander Kennedy Miller? His beezer was a little cracked open. I was checking out some info on the Collyer brothers, and I ended up with Miller. Which, in turn, led me to the artwork of Nicholas Whitman. Here's his homepage, if you want. I was going to derail the depression thread, but I didn't want it to seem like a judgement or anything. Anyway, I thought y'all might enjoy this.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Kennedy Miller
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 01:02:11 am »

When I was little, I wanted to become an eccentric genius when I grew up.  All Professor Brainard/Doc Emmet Brown/Caractacus Potts style.  Genius eludes me.  I still aspire for eccentricity, possibly at the risk of deeply embarrassing my daughter when she hits her teens.

Edit:  I really wanted to be Chris Knight!  I must have watched that movie 50 times when it first hit the video stores.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 01:16:17 am by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Alexander Kennedy Miller
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:34:47 am »

yeah, me too. I am still kind of going for that, but not taking any science classes is probably going in the wrong direction for that to happen. I guess I can be an eccentric linguist or psych person?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Kennedy Miller
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 08:49:59 am »

Yeah, eccentric genius is still the dream over here. Unfortunately working in uni labs has convinced me I don't have the budget for a decent lab. So that means I either need to build and jerry-rig it all myself or turn to a life of crime.
Either of which is awesome.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up