Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 6662 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wish list
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2007, 10:54:47 pm »

My girlfriend asked me for a Christmas list, actually...

And since we are nearly broke, I only asked for a few books and movies and CDs, told her not to get them for me new... try and get 'em used or something... and told her not to get me all of those things, that they were just ideas and all.

The new MST3K set, the new Film Crew riffmovie "Giant of Marathon", the new Futurama DTV.

A book about Elliott Smith, the new League of Extraordinary Gentlemen book.

The new Neil Young album, a certain Jimi Hendrix album.

I hope she only buys me two or three of these things. I don't need gifts, I just need patience.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Wish list
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2007, 11:53:23 pm »

Does it help if I confess that I'm pretty fat and have worn dragon T-shirts in the past, LFM? I am really not the slumber-party-having sort of girl in general.

I hope she only buys me two or three of these things. I don't need gifts, I just need patience.

Sentiment seconded. What I need this year more than anything is love, security, and friendship. Material things are nice, but I can buy them myself, and I'll just have to box them up when I hit the road.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wish list
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2007, 03:03:44 am »

The only place I've ever seen a girl in a dragon shit was at a Renaissance Faire and... she didn't look too happy about it, like it was definitely just to make her boyfriend happy. Huh.

I guess that having only lived in a very small Northeastern town and in Los Angeles, the capital of people who think they are cool shit and can make money off that, I haven't had all that much contact with female nerd-culture.

It seems like maybe medium-sized college towns like Austin and Berkeley and Ithaca and Winston-Salem and so on would probably be the places for those things? I've never lived in those places.

I probably would've had sex before I was twenty had I lived in those places. haha.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Wish list
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2007, 03:20:27 am »

The only place I've ever seen a girl in a dragon shit was at a Renaissance Faire and... she didn't look too happy about it,

Why would she be?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wish list
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2007, 03:23:27 am »

Shirt! Shirt!

Has someone been tweaking the filters or something?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Wish list
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2007, 05:33:50 am »

Quote
It seems like maybe medium-sized college towns like Austin and Berkeley and Ithaca and Winston-Salem

Winston-Salem??
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wish list
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2007, 06:30:24 am »

Fuck, I mean, Chapel Hill?

Right? That's a Southern college town, yes?

I'm not really all that educated on the South, being a Northeastern pseudo-intellectual transplanted to SoCal and all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Wish list
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2007, 07:33:22 am »

Also, Austin is pretty big.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Wish list
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2007, 09:03:22 am »

yeah, Winston-Salem is like... I think they used to make Winston cigarettes there. Maybe Wake Forest is there?
Chapel Hill is what you meant. Chapel Hill seems pretty cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Wish list
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2007, 04:20:55 pm »

yeah, Winston-Salem is like... I think they used to make Winston cigarettes there. Maybe Wake Forest is there?
Chapel Hill is what you meant. Chapel Hill seems pretty cool.
Is it Wake Forest that has the Demon Deacons as a mascot?  I always thought that was an awesomely subversive thing for a football team to be involved in.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Wish list
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2007, 05:21:34 pm »

yep. that's them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Wish list
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2007, 04:27:14 am »

Winston-Salem??
read in perfect north carolina accent, like from the teammate who said this to me during an everclear run: "And this is winston-salem. You can buy Winstons, and you can buy Salems, BUT YOU WILL NEVER, EVER, BUY WINSTON SALEMS."
I dont know why this left such an impression on me. It was his tone.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up