Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: LFM deducts points from Mr. Rogers for being a Christian (Split from Evel Knievel)  (Read 7474 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

BOOM   but that is what I say when I talk about spirituality, along with reminding them that they don't either.

Yeah, I try not to tread those waters unless I've got someone trying to convert me.  Which has only happend a couple times.  I kind of get the sense there's more of that "come over to our team" stuff south of the border than up here.  Maybe we're a little bit more of the "to each his own" ilk up here? 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

Well, it depends where you are, but, right next to my parents house(~50 miles from my home for the last 3 1/2 years) is a 135ft cross and I am in the "buckle of the bible belt".  So there, yes, other south of the border areas, ?  It is not so bad in my town, but it is a college town so...

I might have said this before, but my home town there is a law saying no signs, etc. over like 25 ft., or whatever it is.  The cross was way over that limit and a guy who wanted to put up a giant (135 ft.) crab across the street at his seafood restaurant was turned down.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

Can we just agree that LFM really stepped in it and move on before this gets nasty?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

Well, it depends where you are, but, right next to my parents house(~50 miles from my home for the last 3 1/2 years) is a 135ft cross and I am in the "buckle of the bible belt".  So there, yes, other south of the border areas, ?  It is not so bad in my town, but it is a college town so...

I might have said this before, but my home town there is a law saying no signs, etc. over like 25 ft., or whatever it is.  The cross was way over that limit and a guy who wanted to put up a giant (135 ft.) crab across the street at his seafood restaurant was turned down.
I am coming out in support of the church of the crab.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

Yeah, LFM fucked up and said something dumb. Now he's getting tag-teamed like a German scheisse video. Dude doesn't deserve this. Remove a tiny can and lock this thread. Please?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

No man, don't take his cans, that is a low blow.

Cans should only be given.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

I wasn't going to, but you're right; that is a pretty low blow. Just lock and -- if possible! -- forgive and/or forget.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

Jesus Christ, did I just use a comma, seimicolon, emdash and slash within the space of two sentences? I need to seriously re-think my ability to communicate coherently.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

No man, don't take his cans, that is a low blow.

Cans should only be given.
Unless its Hound or MrChee.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

Quote
Jesus Christ, did I just use a comma, seimicolon, emdash and slash within the space of two sentences? I need to seriously re-think my ability to communicate coherently.

oh god, I use all of those in almost everything I post.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

I would really like to point how how vindicated I feel now that everyone has come wise to LFMs argument tactics.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

I would really like to point how how vindicated I feel now that everyone has come wise to LFMs argument tactics.

Example 47 of why this thread need not exist.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

Commas... semi-colons... dashes... slashes... who uses any of these things?

I'm all ellipses, baby...

As for what A-CAP has to say... I dunno, man... I don't think it's my "argument tactics" that people are disagreeing with.

I have serious issues with religion and faith and I... poorly constructed my feelings on these things to a point where those issues could be misconstrued as an attack on their own personal belief systems, which was not my intention.

God and the people who've claimed to speak for God and the structures created by people claiming to speak for God have knocked me down and kicked me in the teeth so many times that... I sometimes forget that people have had what they consider to be positive experiences with that stuff.

I've spent so much of my life studying those ideas of religion and faith from a skeptical distance, that I might figure out what makes them work so that they can't hurt me anymore, that I forgot that... looking at things that way isn't what everyone does and that to forget that there are people who take my feeling that way as an attack on them.

To negate everything I've ever said here because I have an unpopular stance on the idea of divinity and had/have a hard time putting it into words because its a complicated thing to say... and because I have this self-defeating tick for trying to interject humour into even my most serious statements... is one hell of a stretch, m'man.

A Fox News kind of a stretch.

Great debate club stuff, of course, attacking one idea to attack all my ideas but hardly viable in actual conversation.

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest

Nah, I'm cool with the lock. This thread has run its purpose, and if A-CAP really wants to have sloppy-ass makeouts with LFM, he can damn sure take it to PM.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

A:  Shut up A-CAP.

B:  I don't think it's your rhetorical technique either. 

C:  Not to belabor this or just to get in the last word, but LFM, may I respectfully suggest that you read some of what Mr. Rogers actually wrote?  I think you might be surprised -- Mr. Rogers is one of the greatest humanists of the 20th century (behind only Kurt Vonnegut, I think).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up