Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drawing  (Read 3002 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Drawing
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 02:36:50 am »

Kistler's all over YouTube.

I was a huge fan of a Canadian show called Mr. Dressup, similarly Mr. Dressup would break drawing down into simple to understand elements, and I'd take out my paper and draw, but then he'd go on from the basic to just kicking ass, and I'd get so damn frustrated!  He was way better than little kid me was!  He also dressed up in fabulous costumes out of his "tickle trunk."  Such wonderful, creative children's programming.

I'm pretty good at drawing, painting, sculpting, etc.  I was just always good at that sort of stuff.  My art teacher in highschool used to sneak me extra supplies to take home and use on my own.  I still have the acrylic paint set and chalk pastels he gave me.  They're quality items - they'd cost me over $50 to replace.  I took some theatre design classes in university too, and I still have some of my projects.  It's been a while since I've taken that stuff out.

Hey remember when Teatime wanted us to draw wordless strips and then other people would write in the words?  I drew a strip, emailed it to him, then he disappeared.  Anyone want me to email them the drawing I made, and you can add text?  I'm very low-tech, so I drew it by hand then scanned it.  I could send it to several people and they could each do different text based on it - that might be interesting.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Drawing
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 02:46:18 am »

Quote
I was a huge fan of a Canadian show called Mr. Dressup, similarly Mr. Dressup would break drawing down into simple to understand elements, and I'd take out my paper and draw, but then he'd go on from the basic to just kicking ass, and I'd get so damn frustrated!

My guitar teacher used to do the same thing. It was always frustrating, but kind of cool to listen to anyway. He was probably not a great teacher.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Drawing
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2007, 10:25:11 am »

Kistler once exploited Gabe from Penny Arcade. (scroll down)

I used to watch that show a lot too.  I noticed that he always put a line inside open doorways "to make it look like a hallway behind there."  I remember thinking, at the time, that I didn't know of any houses that had front doors that opened onto a hallway.

Weird.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up