Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NPR claims that Roast Beef is not an awful man  (Read 2774 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: NPR claims that Roast Beef is not an awful man
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 07:19:06 pm »

Quote from: Ben-San
"a higher education and lower upbringing."

Putting it that way makes it sound like he talks in the exact reverse of GWB.

Which... actually is exactly how Beef talks.

CAN'INATED.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: NPR claims that Roast Beef is not an awful man
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 09:03:55 pm »

Maybe she's confusing Beef with Little Nephew.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: NPR claims that Roast Beef is not an awful man
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 10:22:27 pm »

I almost asked who GWB was, then I realized.  Thanks for bringing me down, LFM.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: NPR claims that Roast Beef is not an awful man
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 11:03:47 pm »

I found out yesterday that the word "Ebonics" was coined by a prof at my school in the early 70's. He is not well-liked.
He also attempted to "even the score" on culturally biased tests by making a test (the B.I.T.C.H. test, I forget what it stands for) that white students would lack the cultural context to pass.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up