Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Alright, America. I'm playing the underpants and pants game. If just for one more day.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.  (Read 3249 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 05:15:54 am »

If this arc is all a run-up to another Lazarus appearance, I will forgive everything. Especially if there's another dance-off.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 06:34:38 am »

Come now.  We can keep Florida north of St. Augustine... down to wherever the oaks finally disappear.  Where it hasn't turned into a bunch of stupid high-rise hotels, the gulf coast west of the peninsula all the way to texas is weird and run-down and gothic.  And inner northern florida is more southern Georgia, clocktower townhalls white columns and the Okefenokee.  Trailers, roadside attractions, produce stands run by farmers' kids, a billion churches, etc.  And if you don't like that kind of stuff, then what the hell are you doing in this region of the country, exactly?

But central and southern florida?  God no.  The entire place has been constructed out of disposable materials in the past 3 decades. As far as I'm concerned, ANY region of the country that fits that description can go fornicate itself out of existence and we Real Americans can enjoy our damn *towns* again.

Remember the last years of the 90s when pop culture seemed to be controlled by oranged skinned, beer guzzling Floridians?  I'm thinking of TRL here.  And all those boy bands and pop singers run by Floridian Svengalis.  Spring break.  Disney world.  The 2000 election.

Damn Florida sucks.  It's the bastard kid of California and Arkansas.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 05:11:08 pm »

I was about to disagree with Ash's statement, then I remembered about Ponce de Leon and his quest for the Fountain of Youth in Florida during the 1500's and realized that it is absolutely true.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up