Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kid's Vids  (Read 7332 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Kid's Vids
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2007, 02:55:08 pm »

When exactly is Panacke Mountain on?  I'd like to see it, but I guess I'm gonna have to spring for a DVD.

We were recently exposed to Yo Gabba Gabba.  On first glace I was like "This is fuckin' WEIRD," but after watching a couple episodes and reading about it a bit, it's weird in a good way.  Any show where Mark Mothersbaugh makes a guest appearance must have something going for it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Kid's Vids
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2007, 03:22:48 pm »

When exactly is Panacke Mountain on?  I'd like to see it, but I guess I'm gonna have to spring for a DVD.

It's on summer hiatus right now and might not be back. The show apparently almost breaks even and can't get a real TV deal. The creator was approached by Discovery Kids but that apparently never materialized.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Kid's Vids
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2008, 06:30:07 pm »

If you like They Might Be Giants, or have kids, or both, you should subscribe to the TMBG Friday Night Family Podcast.  Vids from the forthcoming "Here Come the 123s" and the existing "Here Come the ABCs."  Plus John & John as puppets.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/TheyMightBeGiants
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Kid's Vids
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2008, 08:58:37 pm »

Okay, I got lost in YouTube after the last post... Every Canadian kid who was a child in the 80's has seen this, and it's delightful.  Probably not interesting to hip kids today though.

Hell yes on the Log Driver's Waltz. I show that to everyone I know who's not Canadian.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Kid's Vids
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2008, 12:29:29 am »

Incidentally, as soon as I can justify spending the $3 somewhat frivolously, I'll be buying the "Pinball Count" song from Sesame Street (by the muthafuckin' Pointer Sisters!) as a ringtone.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Kid's Vids
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2008, 01:11:29 am »

TMBG do awesome kid's stuff.  We have "Here come the ABCs" and will probably get HCT123s soon. 

Also, Pingu.  Sample episode here.  Now available on DVD. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up