Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA  (Read 2299 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« on: April 25, 2008, 11:48:18 pm »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=04252008
Seriously, who hasn't been there? Money in the bank.

Also possible title: It's not like I need to know if you care.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 11:51:28 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 11:57:34 pm »

Freaked Out Beef (panel 5) has the best expression. Possibly second only to Impish Smile Beef.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 12:16:24 am »

The card text in the last panel has to win the award for 'best tragically too long to be usable thread title' ever.

The current posting schedule has me so disoriented, I didn't even realize we were still expecting a comic today.  On the bright side,  that meantI wasn't annoyed all day that we hadn't had a comic.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 12:18:24 am »

It's been too long since we've seen angry Beef. I likes me some angry Beef.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 01:03:51 am »

It's been too long since we've seen angry Beef. I likes me some angry Beef.

Me, too.  Can you send the recipe? 

Kthxbye. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 01:54:29 am »

This is SO much better than two weeks of dabbling in strange British stereotypes.

Of course, Beef's angst speaks almost directly to my life experience so, y'know, thine mileage mote varith.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 04:56:26 pm »

Oh man, the angriest beef dish recipe. I bet it involves tenderizing the beef by pounding on it with your bare fists. Also violently throwing worcestershire sauce at it while saying cusses.

Roast Beef greeting cards are yet another hypothetical Achewood product that I would probably buy and alienate my loved ones with.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 05:04:54 pm »

Oh man, the angriest beef dish recipe. I bet it involves tenderizing the beef by pounding on it with your bare fists. Also violently throwing worcestershire sauce at it while saying cusses.

Roast Beef greeting cards are yet another hypothetical Achewood product that I would probably buy and alienate my loved ones with.

This sounds like something that Dr. McNinja would make.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 01:49:28 am »

This sounds like something that Dr. McNinja would make.

Or Rocky Balboa. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 03:05:08 am »

Oh man, the angriest beef dish recipe. I bet it involves tenderizing the beef by pounding on it with your bare fists. Also violently throwing worcestershire sauce at it while saying cusses.

Roast Beef greeting cards are yet another hypothetical Achewood product that I would probably buy and alienate my loved ones with.

Jeez, Onstad would make a killing if he debuted some 6-packs of Beef Greeting Cards in the store. Confused ladies all across the globe would be scratching their heads after finding these cards on their pillows, and then they'd harass their boyfriends for trying to minimize the Drudge Report browser window whenever his lady walks into the room.
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 06:40:44 am »

Or Rocky Balboa. 

The next step is to give someone a black eye so the steak can be placed over it.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 01:10:20 am »

"Strip runs T-F"

Feeling ambitious then!
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: 25 April 2008 - Renal failure gonna GETHCA
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 10:32:03 am »

I hope that's not going to become a Thing.  We haven't had any Monday strips in more than a month now.  This was the last one... I wonder now if it wasn't meant as a subtle message that the Achewood machine is only running four days a week from now on?

Probably not; I'm pretty sure I remember him giving an actual excuse on the first week, so I'm guessing he just did it a couple of times in a row and realized it gave him a more comfortable schedule.  I'm fine with that, if it translates to better quality strips, although the last arc wasn't very reassuring in that regard.  It'll suck if I don't get another birthday strip until 2011, though.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up