Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A/V Nerd Help Requested  (Read 1669 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
A/V Nerd Help Requested
« on: July 09, 2008, 01:18:47 am »

So, I have a couple MPGs taken with my digicam from our trip.  I want to capture a few stills from two of the vids, but I'm not sure if I can do it without special software.  I do have Adobe Photoshop 7, but I suck at photoshop so I don't really know if that will be useful at all.  Anybody have any knowhow in this particular particularity? 

So much thank yous in advance of the needful assistance. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A/V Nerd Help Requested
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 02:18:32 am »

Try BSPlayer. The current free version contains adware but you can get version 1.32.820 from Old Versions. You don't even have to install anything. Just unzip the folder whereever, run bsplayer.exe, and drag your mpg into the player.

While it's running you can get jpg screencaps by pushing P for actual size or Shift+P for "what you see." The first time you might need open the preferences window (ctrl+p) to tell it what directory to put the screencaps into.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: A/V Nerd Help Requested
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 04:32:25 pm »

J gets cans for the link.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up