Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Premium Updates  (Read 4317 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Achewood Premium Updates
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:30:05 am »

Found here

Damn you Onstad for making me want to give you my heard earned monies in return for your free comics.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 12:37:39 pm »

This is vaguely annoying, even though it's so little money that it's ridiculous to even think twice about it. And even though if he'd ever put up a link suggesting donating three bucks a month if you're a person who doesn't need to buy any more tshirts, I probably would have done it.

So, yeah, after a couple of hours to get over the shock I am sure I will sign up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 01:24:34 pm »

So, yeah, after a couple of hours to get over the shock I am sure I will sign up.

That's pretty much what I did... I don't mind kicking the man a buck or two if it gets me some good content - and the wedding was pretty much worth it.

In other news, the weak dollar is great for fools like me who pay in pounds...
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:13:49 am »

Done. But only for a month to see how it goes...and if he really keeps it up.

So far, I wish he'd spend the time writing the blogs instead, because the voices of the characters are more interesting than third person narration.  I'd rather pay three dollars a month to get the blogs updated more frequently. However, I will try to keep an open mind.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 08:00:06 am »

Yeah, I'd love to see the blogs being updated more often. Ray's and Mr Bear's were both superb - especially in the earlier days when he used to update them fairly often!

I am liking that I can get updates from this thing e-mailed to me though... give me something to do will I try to divine when the new strip will appear on any given day...
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 01:38:02 pm »

So are we still the only two that are signed up?

I'm not liking it much. I already spend too much time checking websites - the last thing I need in my day is a bunch of emails telling me to check a website. I thought the emails would have the whole post in them. This way turns out to be irritating. I guess I should turn off email notification and just check the site once in a while like everything else.

Also the content is still just not that fascinating. You can tell he works hard on the blogs and the comics; you can tell that these are more dashed-off. I'd still rather pay for blog updates.

Also note: Paying for these! So I am not complaining about my free entertainment.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 03:15:31 pm »

But c'mon... Beef's Honeymoon is pretty fun!

I'm still undecided, so I threw him some more greenbacks in return for books and t-shirts. I was going to buy way more, but dear lord the shipping to the UK was very much 'special'. A couple of books, all the zines, the chef's kit and a t-shirt should not come with a shipping bill to the UK of over $60. No, no, no. And I say that as someone who has had stuff sent from CA to London before.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 03:30:22 pm »

Beef's honeymoon is fun. But I'd rather read it in first person character's voices, as in the blogs, or dialogue, like in the comics.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 01:39:32 pm »

OK, to be fair, this one made me feel I'd got my money's worth for this month:

Quote
Beef's honeymoon invention: "Technicolada." A piņa colada mixed by submerging a cell phone in a baggie and calling it.

I'm also much happier now that I turned off the email notification.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 03:48:56 pm »

That is pretty awesome, but it's kind of a variation on Lyle's dildoed coffee.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 12:52:50 am »

I tried to sign up for this on my smart##### internet phone and it doesn't work! I don't have web access at home (old infected pc, too cheap to buy new one...blah blah...)  so i don't want to pay for it if a can only see it when i go to an internet cafe.  >:(
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 12:58:33 am »

Have you double checked your settings? I'm sure I signed up for email notification during the initial process and I was all "it doesn't work!"  too. And then I went back and looked at my profile and email notification was NOT on. I clicked the box and everything was fine. And then I got tired of it and unclicked the box and everything was fine. Point is, there may be something slightly wrong with the signup system.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Premium Updates
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 01:32:20 am »

my problem was that when i went to "pay" and hit the sign up button it didn't do anything. I've run into this problem before with the whole mobile web surfing deal but i have no idea what to do about it.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: [1]   Go Up