LFM-- actually, basically no one I know at this school has a job. It is kind of weird.
We are working on incentives to have longer shifts, but we need to strike a balance between having longer shifts and having everyone, including people we like, quit.
We actually have been firing people to make examples, but mostly this one group of guys who regularly got high in the station, and regularly missed their shows. The drug use in the station, especially, is a thing where the rule is that you get fired immediately. Missing your show regularly gets you suspended for one semester, and the people we had to suspend for that were really apologetic and felt bad. I told them that we understood, but rules are rules, etc, and they were understanding.
I mean, my main issue is people fuck*ng with the new-release tracking numbers. No matter how many ways we say it, they keep putting things in there that don't belong in there. I think I am going to start a system of 1 warning and then I start PUNISHMENT.
LFM and DOC--
Actually, radio plays are a thing we are really into. Or, rather, a thing that this one guy is putting an unbelievable amount of effort into, and we are all acting like having him write new, corny radio plays is a thing we want. Next semester it looks like we will have several hours of weird radio plays a week.
I would totally want the kind of stuff you did more than what this guy is doing, LFM. Yours sounds funny or at least weird, his plays are like... wouldn't it be hilarious if we satirized old radio plays, a form which our generation does not know enough about to understand the jokes.
I am playing guitar as a backing musician for it, though. One of the shows is about a superhero who is imbued with the power of funk music. All of his nemeses are various musical puns or jokes.
I hope it will turn out well. He is definitely way beyond where I'm willing to go in terms of wanting the people writing these shows to turn in scripts a long time in advance, pre-record the shows with backing music and editing and special effects... it is a little too much.
I would totally be more cool with your radio plays, because they sound funny and interesting. That is what I want on college radio. Not these weird corny really-long pre-recorded things, where this kid (who I guess is my friend, but is way too much sometimes) corners me in the station and makes me listen to them.
It's like... wow. I can tell you put a lot of time into this, it TOTALLY sounds like an old radio theater piece.