Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Womanizer (Trying to Hide my Shame)  (Read 1617 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Womanizer (Trying to Hide my Shame)
« on: November 10, 2008, 05:14:06 pm »

I love this song.  I haven't heard anything so infectious since this.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Womanizer (Trying to Hide my Shame)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 08:59:15 pm »

oh man.

I just... the processed vocals sound so weird. Also, pronouncing "star" like "stah" in the way she does is so off-putting. Her voice has this "sexy" throatiness that I have never gotten the appeal of. I mean, she is very attractive, but her voice does nothing for me.

Hey Ya is genius. It is music played well by man/men. OH GOD I love that song so much. It is one of few pop songs that I have a really distinct memory of seeing the video and going out to buy the album and talking to all of my friends about how great it was.

I guess I am saying, and yes I will say this on record, that Andre Ice Cold 3000 is a thousand times sexier than Britt will ever be to me. He just... HAS IT. The attitude, the talent, everything. That perfect blend of excitement and detachment... yes. I love him. He is cooler than being cool. I would DO IT with him.

And the line "Shake it like a Polaroid Picture" is probably the greatest thing ever. Next to "lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Womanizer (Trying to Hide my Shame)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 09:32:09 pm »

I guess I am saying, and yes I will say this on record, that Andre Ice Cold 3000 is a thousand times sexier than Britt will ever be to me. He just... HAS IT. The attitude, the talent, everything. That perfect blend of excitement and detachment... yes. I love him. He is cooler than being cool. I would DO IT with him.

And the line "Shake it like a Polaroid Picture" is probably the greatest thing ever. Next to "lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor"
I think we all know what dan is really saying here. But I have never seen a person come out in such a way. Dan is into gay black sex with rappers. Sex object white women just do not hold weight with him.
Dan, can you IM me with your new screen name? I forgot to add it last time.

I haven't heard anything so infectious since this.
Did you just buy WOW 2003 at the dollar store or something? How is this song a new thing to you?

« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 09:37:18 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Womanizer (Trying to Hide my Shame)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 12:57:01 am »

yep. you got me. I am super into dudes, sexually.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Womanizer (Trying to Hide my Shame)
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 02:02:45 am »

I have a really distinct memory of seeing the video and going out to buy the album and talking to all of my friends about how great it was.

I guess I am saying, and yes I will say this on record, that Andre Ice Cold 3000 is a thousand times sexier than Britt will ever be to me. He just... HAS IT. The attitude, the talent, everything. That perfect blend of excitement and detachment... yes. I love him. He is cooler than being cool. I would DO IT with him.

Daniel loves every Andre
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Womanizer (Trying to Hide my Shame)
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 03:05:46 am »

I guess I am saying, and yes I will say this on record, that Andre Ice Cold 3000 is a thousand times sexier than Britt will ever be to me. He just... HAS IT. The attitude, the talent, everything. That perfect blend of excitement and detachment... yes. I love him. He is cooler than being cool. I would DO IT with him.

He doesn't have anything on this sexy Witness.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Womanizer (Trying to Hide my Shame)
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 03:06:48 am »

A-Cap  is unclear on the concept of comparing one thing new to one thing old
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Womanizer (Trying to Hide my Shame)
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 04:31:57 am »

This video improved greatly when I pressed the mute button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up