Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Established 2003
TOUAMB: Wandering off topic since the early 21st Century

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas on Mars?  (Read 997 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Christmas on Mars?
« on: December 16, 2008, 06:59:58 am »

I liked the style, but found the whole... offputting.

I found the amount of cussing really distracting, for instance. I also couldn't figure out what the point of all the pu$$yl imagery was, other than that you can have a lot of pu$$y-like orifices in a movie and feel clever?

Has anyone else seen it?

Things I did like:
really exaggerated reaction shots
repetition of the phrase "we weren't meant to live in space."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Christmas on Mars?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 07:13:44 am »

Own, ain't watched yet. Things have gotten weird around here.

Moving in with the brother's ladyfriend as she has a house and needs roommates and we need to pay less rent.

Moving is a complex process where everything gets lost, especially the few movies you want to see so much that you paid new-price for it.

But swearing and being off-putting and ladyparts all over the place? Sounds like my kinda flick.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas on Mars?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:06:19 am »

I liked this movie, but mainly because it kind of reminded me of Oklahoma, and no matter how much I claim to hate that place (i do hate it) it is still the most normal thing I know.

The plot was obviously what it was, I didn't mind the cursing or pussy imagery, but the music/ space/ dude putting his hand in the machine parts where fuck*ng amazing.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up