Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My new comic, Yumsters!  (Read 8595 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FancieBabie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wudoin.com
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2003, 09:22:47 pm »

sorry for the improper grammar slink

"ur" is used here in a purely ironic sense

can you not fuck*ng recognize that?

no wonder onstad got rid of these forums.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2003, 09:30:54 pm »

Quote from: "FancieBabie"

"ur" is used here in a purely ironic sense


Ugh.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2003, 09:37:11 pm »

Quote from: "FancieBabie"


no wonder onstad got rid of these forums.


So, don't let the door hit yer ass on the way out.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2003, 10:12:31 pm »

Quote from: "FancieBabie"
no wonder onstad got rid of these forums.


Cause we're jerks?
Cause we like grammar?
Not totally sure where you're going with this.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2003, 10:35:22 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

Cause we're jerks?
Cause we like grammar?
Not totally sure where you're going with this.


Indeed. For the FAQ, I think we should decide to refer to ourselves not as Acheheads, or 'Woodies, but simply as Jerks.
:)
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2003, 10:53:49 pm »

Oh man, that is so seconded.
Logged
goose means greedy

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2003, 11:41:38 pm »

Thirded, and congrats to FancieBabie on starting the worst thread in TOUAMB history (yet.)

By the by, you do realize that we're kind of a community here, and you *could* be part of it were you to contribute in more ways than just advertising your various lousy comics?

One.
Two.
Three.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2003, 11:58:17 pm »

Quote from: "He who believes that e-tailers must hire monkeys to work weekends"
Sorry, V-Adore, no pun there.  It's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiin, on your wedding day.

It sucks, it's so fuck*ng typical, but it isn't at all ironic.

Don't cha think?

Well, I meant the realtor/"points" thing above, which I assume is a pun based on my vague recollection of "points" as a term used in mortgages and such. I would agree that there's basically nothing ironic or punny in this comic whatsoever.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2003, 12:06:49 am »

Makes me wonder how, when all three posts have been advertising comics that got the same reactions, he ever made it past Jough's eagle eyed account-delete attack*!



*Now a featured combo attack in the Achewood franchised fighting game - 'Just Like Basketball' - featuring intricately detailed representations of all your favourite characters.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2003, 01:06:34 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Makes me wonder how, when all three posts have been advertising comics that got the same reactions, he ever made it past He who believes that e-tailers must hire monkeys to work weekends's eagle eyed account-delete attack*!



*Now a featured combo attack in the Achewood franchised fighting game - 'Just Like Basketball' - featuring intricately detailed representations of all your favourite characters.


I would second the delete attack, but instead I think I will favor letting people ask for criticism not once but three times and then complain when they get it.  It is actually somewhat entertaining.

If I were an "artist" who traced my drawings and copied lyrics from a TV show, I think I would be a little more thick skinned.

Or I would apply for a Federal Grant to fund my "art", although I would be at a disadvantage if I didn't find a way to combine religious iconography and some substance from some orifice of my body....

Stick around, contribute meaningfully and you will feel the soft enfolding warmth of the Achehead Jerkwoods (or whatever we are calling ourselves) that live here.  Do nothing more than proffer your work and verbally wince when you get feedback and you will find nothing but cold dark pain here.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2003, 03:01:16 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

I would second the delete attack, but instead I think I will favor letting people ask for criticism not once but three times and then complain when they get it.  It is actually somewhat entertaining.


See, it is this sort of thing that occasionally (eg when my body cavity is full up to the eyes with warm sake) makes me feel very bad. Unless this character is just some sort of postmodern, extremely low yield / impact prank, what we are dealing with is someone who genuinely thought there was something of value on offer here, and that these were the people who would Really Get It, who could Think and See Like He Did, etc etc.

Don't get me wrong. Everything on offer was categorically dreadful. This truly is the worst thread ever. Regardless, I can't help but wince at bruised sincerity. I don't have a special attack yet.

UR-EDIT: That whole MC Juicyshorts project or whatever the hell negates all of the above goodwill. Ironic posture as a fuck*ng escape route in case sincerity doesn't fly. My black ass. Carry on.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2003, 03:10:22 am »

Quote from: "FancieBabie"
how is my comic so typical?


Um, I wasn't talking to you.  I was commenting on something someone else (V-Adore) said.

I believe I commented that rain on one's wedding day is "typical" in the sense that young Mr. Bateman used it in "Rules of Attraction" (which I thought was a bit long and slow, but entertaining somewhat, if not in love with its own style).

Speaking of being in love with its own style... well, I'll not finish that thought.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
My new comic, Yumsters!
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2003, 04:35:53 am »

For heavens sake people

this is why we can't have nice things
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up