Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ombudsmen  (Read 2632 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Ombudsmen
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:30:39 pm »

Over at PvPonline.com, Scott Kurtz is doing a very funny parody of the Watchmen using classic comic strip characters, called The Ombusmen. Yesterday's strip featured this panel:



That's a goof on the Comedian's badge which, as luck would have it, I have the actual materials to replicate!



That is a modified Weapon Brown badge, a freebie I include with orders of my own ongoing comic-strip parody, Weapon Brown.

My question is: how can I sue Scott Kurtz and Alan Moore over this?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Ombudsmen
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:41:58 pm »

All due respect, but you lost me at the idea of "PvP" and "funny" being in the same sentence.

Even with four quotation marks serving as a quarantine in the ABOVE sentence it feels wrong and weird.

PvP is The Family Guy of internet gamer-fan-service strips and I can't express to you how much awfulness is invested in that string of words.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Ombudsmen
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:29:24 pm »

So cool, Death Ray, it's worth pointing out.

Ah, but for the passing of Halfpixel.com's forums I would spread the love to Herr Kurtz as well :(
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Ombudsmen
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 06:06:28 pm »

Scott Kurtz is a dick. I don't know why Gabe and Tycho are friends with him.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Ombudsmen
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 04:12:08 am »

Have you all seen this? (Peanuts by way of Sin City)

Edit: A sample:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:52:40 pm by lprkn »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ombudsmen
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 07:39:57 pm »

I'm guessing Death Ray has seen it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Ombudsmen
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 08:41:25 pm »

And if there's bacon in it, then Bobby has seen it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ombudsmen
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 08:52:31 pm »

Is there bacon in it?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Ombudsmen
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 09:48:01 pm »

Quote from: Asherdan
links

...pun?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Ombudsmen
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 09:53:16 pm »

Statement I don't use enough in conflict resolution: "That's right, thumbsucker.  I see you."
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up