Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is this concept?  (Read 2535 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
What is this concept?
« on: July 22, 2009, 01:15:57 am »

Is there a word for the concept that's like nostalgia, except you don't like the thing? This is how I feel about A Goofy Movie. It's not just that I think it's bad just because, it's that I think it's even worse because I've always hated it. I think it is worse than a thing to which I have just been introduced, but which is equally bad. It's like a badness coefficient. It's like 1.5(x) bad.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 01:18:11 am »

Being hateful?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 01:26:31 am »

Having deeply held convictions?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 01:58:00 am »

I do a similar thing where I focus on certain things as... exemplars of what is the worst thing.

but normally in the context of "my friends all like this thing, and I hate it."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 02:20:42 am »

The Barenaked Ladies.

Because.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 02:31:39 am »

The term is "I Heart The Blank".

For sixty extra dollars, Michael Ian Black will say something sarcastic about it on VH1.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 03:51:44 am »

Is there a word for the concept that's like nostalgia, except you don't like the thing? This is how I feel about A Goofy Movie. It's not just that I think it's bad just because, it's that I think it's even worse because I've always hated it. I think it is worse than a thing to which I have just been introduced, but which is equally bad. It's like a badness coefficient. It's like 1.5(x) bad.

apparently, your feelings about a goofy movie are the exact opposite of my feelings for the thundercats(i BT'd all the episodes and now im converting them to mp4 so i can sync them to my zune)
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 04:01:40 am »

The Barenaked Ladies.

Because.

Not cool man.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 04:16:56 am »

Learning to Let Go of Knee-Jerk Irrational Hatreds: A Twelve Step Program

Step 1: Admit that it may be possible for a reasonable person to not hate the thing you hate.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 02:17:43 pm »

"Not-stalgia"?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 02:41:41 pm »

"Backward loathing."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 03:07:21 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What is this concept?
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 03:22:16 pm »

Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up