Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aug 05, 2009 - Second Chance at Life German Shepherds  (Read 1192 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Aug 05, 2009 - Second Chance at Life German Shepherds
« on: August 05, 2009, 12:53:20 pm »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=08052009

Well that's a conveniently placed door to nowhere. It even has a little slot to spy on people coming in to make sure they know the password.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 05, 2009 - Second Chance at Life German Shepherds
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 01:03:04 pm »

So did CH organise the event to be in a building with a door in a third story wall because he knew this was coming or does CH being there cause doors to exist or do all buildings have such a contrivance for just such an eventuality? No options are comforting.

I know we talk a lot of smack but strips like this remind me that Onstad can draw his'elf a strip. He could just stop writing dialogue altogether and I'd still be here, every day.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 05, 2009 - Second Chance at Life German Shepherds
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 04:26:28 pm »

My office used to have a door like that.  I would put signs on it that read "Smoking Lounge" or just ominously "OUT".

The door had a jersey bar across it at all times, and a padlock, so it's not as though I was tempting smokers or ... egressors... to their destruction.

The last time I had the door open, I was almost pulled out of it by a giant piece of telco equipment that was being hoisted up by a crane.   



A couple of notes about the crane.

1) When it was discovered the rack wouldn't fit in the door, I called the crane operator.  He said he could be there at the end of the day.  So I told him "we're kinda ready now."  He said "Now?  Be there in 15 minutes."  He was there in 10.  I couldn't get a pizza that fast, but I could order and have a piece of machinery set up that could lift cars.  Progress!

2) The crane company missed the boat when they called themselves Spokane Crane instead of going for the obviously supreme "SPOCRANE" or the slightly less supreme "SPOKRANE".

Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up