Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tuesday, September 8th 2009 - Good! Bad? Ethanol!  (Read 10496 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 8th 2009 - Good! Bad? Ethanol!
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2009, 03:52:26 am »

I'm afraid I don't understand much about the cans.  Can I also give them to people?  Or is it a moderator thing?

The politest thing.
Basically when you are just a little bit older you will get cans of your own that you can give to someone special to you.

Also thankyou both ktoad and AW for reminding me that RD is the best children's author because he is the creepiest children's author. I should go read the Twits again sometime, it's been literally decades by now.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 8th 2009 - Good! Bad? Ethanol!
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2009, 08:06:43 pm »

I always have to link to this story whenever anybody brings up Roald Dahl.  Without a doubt it backs the most creepiness into the smallest space of any story evar!

Ah!  Good God.  That is...  So unpleasant. 

Also, I gave you two cans, ktoad.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 8th 2009 - Good! Bad? Ethanol!
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 03:22:05 am »

The politest thing.
Basically when you are just a little bit older you will get cans of your own that you can give to someone special to you.

Also thankyou both ktoad and AW for reminding me that RD is the best children's author because he is the creepiest children's author. I should go read the Twits again sometime, it's been literally decades by now.

That short story was not intended for children, obviously, but jesus christ that is creepy.
Logged

fnord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 8th 2009 - Good! Bad? Ethanol!
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 06:46:42 am »

I always have to link to this story whenever anybody brings up Roald Dahl.

"And the award for biggest discrepancy between website content and style exhibited by title font goes to roalddahlfans.com"
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 8th 2009 - Good! Bad? Ethanol!
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 09:53:26 pm »

Sublime.  I think I might cry though.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

R2DTrousers

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 53
  • ...
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday, September 8th 2009 - Good! Bad? Ethanol!
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2009, 07:30:30 pm »

You mean fanfic?  I hear there are medications for that these days.  Look into it.

Times have changed. Achewood fanfic now has the potential to be better than achewood.
Logged
Computer science uses electric machines (computers for example). A computer scientist will need math, science, and know-how to make and use computers.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up