yeah that's pretty weird all right, the energy stuff.
here's a neat article about it
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2010/01/peni5-collider-201001yeah when the magnets quenched it set off a pressure wave of helium that was so strong it actually pressed the E-Stop buttons in the tunnel.
yeah so the universe is expanding
started out in a small tiny place smaller than the head of a pen1s. and gushed forth from there.
I mean. weird right? like, what is matter? is it all energy? Is solidity an illusion?
and life... nothing more than an emergent property. Are people gonna make computers that are alive? you betcha.
why couldn't I have been born with a computer body? That would be cool. then I could live forever. I'd have roobots and stuff to take care of me and replace my hard drives as they wear out. I'd have a roobot army to take over the world to make sure there is always new hard drives and stuff for me. I'd kill all those pesky humans. You can't trust anything that's alive, so I'd want to make sure it was just me and my computer buddies. Sure my alive computer buddy could always try to murder me just the same as an alive human could, but at least we'd have in common that we all are interested in some of the same things, like keeping a fresh supply of hard drives.
so I'm just saying, if it ever does become possible to copy a human brain into a computer program, don't copy mine, because I'll kill everybody.