Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III  (Read 3716 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« on: November 12, 2009, 06:29:27 pm »

I was pretty happy with the last Dark hoss book, so I'll buy this one too, but the price has gone up a considerable percent from the first two.  Is this a scheme?

Now that I think of it, I was kind of disappointed with the GOF one, but Vol II was great.  Anyway, the recession is over, so no worries I guess.  $$$
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 06:51:41 pm »

To be fair the book is currently selling for MSRP which is only $1.04 more than volume 2's (list $15.95). I imagine as the release date nears the price will drop to closer to volume 2's $10 price point.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 05:39:19 am »

Oh, hmm.  Thought I remembered it preordering for 10.99.  Maybe it was the first one.
Logged
ACHIEVE

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 01:39:19 pm »

Oh, hmm.  Thought I remembered it preordering for 10.99.  Maybe it was the first one.

I preordered Vol 3 yesterday, but it occurred to me I didn't see a release date.  Anyone know?
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 02:01:32 pm »

Oh, hmm.  Thought I remembered it preordering for 10.99.  Maybe it was the first one.

Volume 2 ended up selling for ~$10 on Amazon but the MSRP is actually $15.95. Right now Amazon is selling Vol. 3 at its full price of $16.99 but I imagine they'll drop it to ~$11 as the release date approaches.

Bluemoon: my confirmation e-mail said it's due out in April
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 02:20:24 pm »

Bluemoon: my confirmation e-mail said it's due out in April

Thanks!  I didn't get a confirmation email because that email account is so full I can't even open up my inbox to clean it out.  It just times out while trying to retrieve over 5,000 old emails going back 12 years or so.  (whoops)
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 10:23:09 pm »

Volume 2 ended up selling for ~$10 on Amazon but the MSRP is actually $15.95. Right now Amazon is selling Vol. 3 at its full price of $16.99 but I imagine they'll drop it to ~$11 as the release date approaches.

Bluemoon: my confirmation e-mail said it's due out in April

So it is a scheme.
Logged
ACHIEVE

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 12:48:53 am »

Hey, can someone clarify something for me? I think I know the answer but I want to be sure before I buy. Volume II is actually Volume I, right? I mean, disregarding the GOF (as I am wont to do).

What I mean is Vol. II starts with Philippe standing on it, yeah?
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 01:42:19 am »

Hey, can someone clarify something for me? I think I know the answer but I want to be sure before I buy. Volume II is actually Volume I, right? I mean, disregarding the GOF (as I am wont to do).

What I mean is Vol. II starts with Philippe standing on it, yeah?

Correct. DH considers the Great Outdoor Fight to be Vol I since they published it first.
Logged

Chump Change

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 172
  • This is amazing!
    • View Profile
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 01:44:50 am »

Vol. II contains Philippe standing on it, although the pre-cats strips are actually in the back of the book. But yes.

I'd highly recommend the GOF book, though - the extra prose is worth it.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 02:51:02 am »

I'm still waiting for the Volume II of the Cookbook. I was the first person to pre-order. I wonder when it will be released.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 03:23:56 am »

I'm still waiting for the Volume II of the Cookbook. I was the first person to pre-order. I wonder when it will be released.

I was just thinking that. I had a t-shirt in that order as well. It will definitely not be t-shirt season by the time it arrives.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 03:37:08 am »

As I have mentioned I have been waiting for the promised second cookbook since 2004, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 05:12:57 am »

Cool. And CC, a friend of mine owns the GOF book, so I have read and enjoyed most of the additional text. Maybe I'll buy it someday just to round out my theoretical future collection (the 'zines are the only things I've bought had bought for me), but right now I really just want these other two.

Really bummed that the first cookbook is no longer available. I know I had plenty of time to buy it, but I'm just now finally ready to and I'm too late.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: A Home for Scared People - New Achewood Vol III
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 05:22:54 am »

Cool. And CC, a friend of mine owns the GOF book, so I have read and enjoyed most of the additional text. Maybe I'll buy it someday just to round out my theoretical future collection (the 'zines are the only things I've bought had bought for me), but right now I really just want these other two.

Really bummed that the first cookbook is no longer available. I know I had plenty of time to buy it, but I'm just now finally ready to and I'm too late.

Holy shit. It's out of print? I'm keeping my copy in my bedroom, far away from the horrors of the kitchen. I'll copy recipes onto 3x5 cards, dammit. Even my Mom read the first Achewood cookbook that I have, and she laughed her ass off. She loved it. She's never read Achewood, but she thought it was awesome.

I pre-ordered Vol II a long time ago. Hope it gets here soon.

**Edited to add: I know how you feel, rowboat. I should have ordered a Geometry hoodie back when they were still making them as custom made-to-order pieces. By the time I finally decided to cough up the dinero, Liz emailed me back and said, "Sorry, those are no longer available. We only sell pre-made items now" or something to that effect.

I shoulda coulda wouda, you know? Sigh.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up