Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What We Need More Of Is...  (Read 4566 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 05:32:36 am »

pugs have that weird backward sneeze thing so don't get all high and mighty because that there is freaky

my pups saw snow tonight. the pit hated it but the girl enjoyed the hell out of it
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 08:39:24 am »

That's because the pugs don't have these particular problems so I have nothing to add.

But, dachshunds, now, there's a fucked-up breed of dog. I'm working with someone who has a dachshund and I am crazy about the little sucker but man, are they warped. Of course this just makes it more fun to mess with his mind. It took many weeks of careful work before I could pick this dog up without him trying to bite me. Seriously I feel like I need to figure out how to put this on my resume if I ever apply for a zoo job again. And now he seems to love it! Make up your mind, you crazy animal.

Wombat's stalking of Onstad's dog continues.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 04:19:43 pm »

So I came home to find that all was well.  Indearingly, although the dog is not allowed upstairs and never even attempts more than hovering on the stairs, that the dear pup had come upstairs to a place where I had sorted dirty laundry in to a pile of darks, colours and whites for washing, and had sort of rustled around there and pulled out a few items that would have been closest to either my husband or I's skin.  No damage done though - just the tall-tail signs of snuffling and possibly nesting. 

I love my pup so much.  His name is Mortimer aka Morty, aka Mer-mer, Cuddle-mer, Stink-a-mer, Snuggl-a-mer, Cute-a-mer or "the Biter."  Surpisingly all three cats have taken to him quite well.  They appreciate the free anal cleaning services.  Having had cats so long, I sort of forgot how gross dogs are though - eating garbage and other dogs shit on walks, having to clean up their shit, the stink, the doggy errections, the butt scoot, the ocean of vomit that spurts forth, the appetite for anything stank...  Oh, and I can't recall if I posted it here, but he had a nasty case of fleas when we first adopted him, which was hell to deal with.  I wouldn't trade him for anything, but dogs are gross. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 04:30:41 pm »

Having had cats so long, I sort of forgot how gross dogs are though - eating garbage and other dogs shit on walks, having to clean up their shit, the stink, the doggy errections, the butt scoot, the ocean of vomit that spurts forth, the appetite for anything stank...  Oh, and I can't recall if I posted it here, but he had a nasty case of fleas when we first adopted him, which was hell to deal with.  I wouldn't trade him for anything, but dogs are gross. 

Sounds like having a dog is a lot like being a married woman.

Haha, heh, awww. Sorry, low blow, couldn't pass it up.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 04:34:33 pm »

Haha, heh, awww. Sorry, low blow, couldn't pass it up.
More like, low hanging fruit.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 10:59:36 pm »

pugs have that weird backward sneeze thing so don't get all high and mighty because that there is freaky

my pups saw snow tonight. the pit hated it but the girl enjoyed the hell out of it

Oh, god knows they have weird problems, just not the previously mentioned in the thread weird problems.

The first time the Number One Pug saw snow out the front door as a puppy, she immediately turned around and came back in the house and ran to be let out the back door. I guess if you've never seen it before it's a reasonable theory that it might not be happening in both places at the same time.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What We Need More Of Is...
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 11:00:55 pm »

Wombat's stalking of Onstad's dog continues.

Good practice for stalking of Onstad's dog, now that you mention it, but I can't imagine I'll ever have occassion to be in Oregon for the months it takes to get a dachshund to let you pick it up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up