Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: in the raking torchlight  (Read 2150 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cioran

  • Guest
in the raking torchlight
« on: February 01, 2010, 04:34:25 am »

Right now I am listening to Wire. This is a band whose balls you, sir, can just suck.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: in the raking torchlight
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 05:06:01 am »

I am a fan of your trolling style, Cioran.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: in the raking torchlight
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 01:04:25 pm »

Wire are fuck*ng brilliant. Absolutely top notch

Pink Flag is so good it hurts.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: in the raking torchlight
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 04:06:54 pm »

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: in the raking torchlight
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 10:25:22 pm »

Pink Flag is my girl's favorite album, because she is way cooler than me.

I really like it, but mostly just 12XU.

What college radio is to me: playing 12XU, and then coming on the microphone to scream "MORE", and then playing the Minor Threat cover.

Yeah, Wire are good. But sometimes they are a little too "we are smart and disengaged" for me. I spend too much of my time being smart and disengaged, I don't want it in music too.
See also: Magnetic Fields.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: in the raking torchlight
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 11:02:55 pm »

Pink Flag is my girl's favorite album, because she is way cooler than me.

I really like it, but mostly just 12XU.

What college radio is to me: playing 12XU, and then coming on the microphone to scream "MORE", and then playing the Minor Threat cover.

Yeah, Wire are good. But sometimes they are a little too "we are smart and disengaged" for me. I spend too much of my time being smart and disengaged, I don't want it in music too.
See also: Magnetic Fields.

Fair points

Outdoor Miner is fuck*ng beautiful and Map Ref 41n 93w are both up there for best post-punky songs
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: in the raking torchlight
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 11:15:34 pm »

although lately I am also in this grumpy thing where I convince myself I don't like things that much, and then when I listen to them I'm like WAIT, THIS IS AWESOME.

but really I want human warmth in my music, which I feel like is present in Wire's music more than critics want to say it is.

I want my post-punk messy and as far away from Joy Division as possible.

YEAH!

I will never get enough of scratchy guitars.
I can't find the album version of that song anywhere. I like it a lot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: in the raking torchlight
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 11:17:54 pm »

although lately I am also in this grumpy thing where I convince myself I don't like things that much, and then when I listen to them I'm like WAIT, THIS IS AWESOME.

but really I want human warmth in my music, which I feel like is present in Wire's music more than critics want to say it is.

I want my post-punk messy and as far away from Joy Division as possible.

YEAH!

I will never get enough of scratchy guitars.
I can't find the album version of that song anywhere. I like it a lot.

Definitely agree on the warmth, there is far more present than people would like to let-on due to their love of detachment.

I like Joy Division a lot but it's winter and I want something which doesn't want to kill me

And that song is brill but I have lost it from my music files
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Cioran

  • Guest
Re: in the raking torchlight
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 12:37:12 am »

Pink Flag is practically a concept album about trying to love.

Mag Fields: try "100,000 Fireflies" for a lovely warm tune.
Logged

Cioran

  • Guest
Re: in the raking torchlight
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 12:38:08 am »

A Series of Sneaks
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up