Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rifftrax?  (Read 1944 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Rifftrax?
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:39:01 pm »

Any of y'all hitting a satellite simulcast of the Rifftrax of "Reefer Madness"?

It's basically the dudes who were the later staff of MST3K making fun of "Reefer Madness" except... live from San Diego-ish, beamed into a couple hundred theatres nationwide.

Which is... an entirely rad thing.

http://www.fathomevents.com/comedy/event/rifftraxreeferlive.aspx?utm_source=RiffTrax_ReeferLive&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign

Back in Angeles, I could'a walked to a theatre to see it but... out here, I gotta drive an hour to Albany to find a participating moviehaus.

Ain't nothing wrong with mingling amoungst the Albanians, tho.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rifftrax?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 06:53:42 pm »

I understand your doubts, totally.

Your point that "Reefer Madness" is low hanging fruit, I get.

But I saw them mock a programme of old Christmas shorts last December, same deal simulcast, and it was really rather good. Totally worth it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Rifftrax?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 07:25:26 pm »

I saw Plan 9 From Outer Space before the Christmas one. I didn't see the Christmas shorts live, but I agree that they were good. I also saw the other MST3K alums, Cinematic Titanic, in Milwaukee.

The choice of movie does seem uninspired in this case.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Rifftrax?
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 07:57:47 pm »

I don't get MST3K.  To me they = unfunny.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Rifftrax?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 09:12:18 pm »

I just can't handle that it's called "Rifftrax."

Like, I am a smug dude I guess, and I mostly want to make fun of that name.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Rifftrax?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 11:53:32 pm »

Few people can be humble about being smug like our man Dan.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Rifftrax?
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 03:57:10 am »

It was really fuck*ng good.

The theatre was entirely sold out, damned full of Albanians.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1]   Go Up