Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good? Evil? I'm the guy with the giant cow.  (Read 5053 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Good? Evil? I'm the guy with the giant cow.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2004, 06:38:09 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
But it just wasn't fun; it was more like work than play.  


This also pretty much summarizes how I feel about The Sims.

Let's see: Get up.  Take a dump.  Take a shower.  Cook. Eat.  Go to work.  Come home. Clean.  Eat.  Play a little bit.  Read.  Go to bed.

Why exactly would I need to simulate that?  That's my life.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Good? Evil? I'm the guy with the giant cow.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2004, 07:21:08 pm »

That's the problem I had with The Sims.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Good? Evil? I'm the guy with the giant cow.
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2004, 08:11:19 pm »

Yes, but in the Sims, you can make simulated hotties who live next door, and make out with them.  

That's what I always did, anyway.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Good? Evil? I'm the guy with the giant cow.
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2004, 08:26:31 pm »

Yeah, my Sims lived fast and died young.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Good? Evil? I'm the guy with the giant cow.
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2004, 09:21:16 pm »

I am so with August and Jough when it comes to the Sims. Or, the fuck*ng Sims aas they are now known to me.
What scares me, is how a game where nothing interesting happens, and all you do is sit and watch them do nothing interesting, is constantly taking up 9 places on the gaming top ten sales chart!!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Good? Evil? I'm the guy with the giant cow.
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2004, 10:03:58 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
I am so with August and Jough when it comes to the Sims. Or, the fuck*ng Sims aas they are now known to me.
What scares me, is how a game where nothing interesting happens, and all you do is sit and watch them do nothing interesting, is constantly taking up 9 places on the gaming top ten sales chart!!


This is why I bought the Sims. I wanted to know what the big deal was.  And so far, I have managed to get them through the part of the game I control. What they do at work I don't know. But at home, they each are very boring. They talk about nothing, they eat really slow and when they are done, they throw their trash on the floor, right next to the wastebasket. At least they don't shit wherever they want if I don't direct them to the can, although it is fun watching them run there.

I can't get them to make out, though. What gives?

If these were real people I would never want to be friends with them. I need a module: Sim Chemical Ali. Lets have some fun with these boring Sims.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up