Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: guest week christmas day  (Read 2927 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
guest week christmas day
« on: December 25, 2003, 11:50:10 am »

Perfect.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
guest week christmas day
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2003, 05:10:04 pm »

I would've thought Philippe would have focused more on, you know, that birthday guy.  Je-somethingorother.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
guest week christmas day
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2003, 05:46:52 pm »

Although I am very fond of Philippe having drink-mixing skills.

[Edit:  I reread it, and I take back my comment, after seeing that it's a *vodka* martini.  Pshh.]
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
guest week christmas day
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2003, 09:22:11 pm »

I too prefer vodka martinis to gin martinis, although I will drink a nice Bombay Sapphire martini every once in awhile, for variety.

And don't get me started about asking for a "Gibson" in most bars.  Egad, around here they don't even know what a Rob Roy is.

Don't bartenders have to have degrees in "Mixology" anymore?

V-Adore

  • Guest
guest week christmas day
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2003, 01:09:08 am »

I expected Santa Ray to show up by the end of the strip, or possibly Santa Lyle. God only knows they'd appreciate the martini and nachos.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
guest week christmas day
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2003, 02:42:31 pm »

Please.  Santa drinks manhattans.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
guest week christmas day
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 02:02:22 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I expected Santa Ray to show up by the end of the strip, or possibly Santa Lyle.


Same here, actually. Although it'll never, ever happen, I would just love to read the implicit backstory to this strip - and find out who, exactly, put this idea into poor little Philippe's head. I mean, on the one hand, you've got milk and cookies - pastoral, innocent, even the savage little unscrubbed hellions down the road that fill the idle afternoons setting each others' homes on fire know about this combo - and then on the other, vodka and nachos. Which reminds me of a personal anecdote involving impulsive behaviour, a tattoo parlor, and the HIV virus, but never mind; I shan't stray off topic.

I point the finger at Ray (Lyle's liquor tends to the brown) and an unattended stack of Beavis and Butt-Head DVDs.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
guest week christmas day
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 10:13:37 pm »

Judging by the food items I can only assume that this was Ray's doing. He might not actually play Santa but I'm sure these items were his thoughts.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
guest week christmas day
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 10:53:53 pm »

Yeah, Lyle would have told Philippe to leave Santa a bottle of Beam's Choice, no food.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
guest week christmas day
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2004, 05:47:11 am »

snapping a q-tip off in someones ear, eh? now there's one I havent tried yet. mebbe black peter will finally bring me that coal I have always wanted if I do...
Logged
[expletive deleted]

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
guest week christmas day
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2004, 05:53:45 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Although it'll never, ever happen, I would just love to read the implicit backstory to this strip - and find out who, exactly, put this idea into poor little Philippe's head...I point the finger at Ray (Lyle's liquor tends to the brown) and an unattended stack of Beavis and Butt-Head DVDs.


See, when I read this strip, I thought, "Oh, that's totally Lie Bot."
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

V-Adore

  • Guest
guest week christmas day
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2004, 09:18:55 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

See, when I read this strip, I thought, "Oh, that's totally Lie Bot."

I think Ray probably instigated the nachos-and-booze idea, but Lie Bot was definitely involved in the equation somewhere -- I'd say at the general germ of the idea that Santa is somehow atoning for something bad he did previously. It's just not quite a Philippey idea, but it's exactly what Lie Bot would tell Philippe about that jolly old elf.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up