Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapon Brown  (Read 3476 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Weapon Brown
« on: March 15, 2010, 03:38:17 pm »

Finally! A sub-forum where I can whore my ass and not start a flame war. Probably.

Anyway, lemme just send props out to my own comic and related merch so I can manage my rent increase and not have Glenn Beck build a career off how shiftless libs who can hold their liquor without having to pray five times a day to Salt Lake City are tearing down this economy.

"Nutshell it, bitch!" Weapon Brown is Charlie Brown after the apocalypse. And not just Charlie Brown, but "weaponized" homages to virtually every comic strip you've ever loved. Bloom County, Ziggy, Dilbert, Boondocks...you name it. It's an action parody with sex, violence, love, redemption, cannibals, misogyny and humor.

The strip updates Mondays and Wednesdays. The story has just reached the boss level, where Chuck will face off against his arch nemeses CAL-v.1N and HOBS. After that, it will all be collected into a graphic novel.

Here's a couple pages. Visit Whatisdeepfried.com for more.



Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Brown
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:22:00 pm »

Ah, JY.  Nice to know you haven't forgotten us on your meteoric rise to stardom.  As for WB, I'm a fan.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Brown
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 07:25:07 am »

God damn, man.  You can draw all, like, good and stuff.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Brown
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 02:09:18 pm »

Pimp that comic, D'Ray.

I have to admit that I have never gotten around to reading WB, though I find the concept intriguing. I think it's because it looks like shit on my netbook display. I'm gonna order the first WB book and get caught up, though.

Are you going to be offering book one of Deep Fried again soon?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon Brown
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 02:03:50 am »

Weapon Brown Book 1 arrived yesterday. I am looking forward to reading it as soon as I finish the books I picked up at NC Comic Con a couple of weeks ago.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Weapon Brown
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 10:59:51 pm »

Pimp that comic, D'Ray.

I have to admit that I have never gotten around to reading WB, though I find the concept intriguing. I think it's because it looks like shit on my netbook display. I'm gonna order the first WB book and get caught up, though.

Are you going to be offering book one of Deep Fried again soon?

Your best choice is to order the Great Taste of Deep Fried trade from my store, which contains has the contents of issues 1-4. http://www.whatisdeepfried.com/product.html
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Weapon Brown
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 09:09:44 pm »

Our boy's Weapon Brown gets a little pluggage in this here video:

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-chicago-comic-con-2011/

And, anyway, all of the Red Letter Media guys' recent stuff is awesome. Anything with the Plinkett reviews or Half In The Bag is pretty much must-watch.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: [1]   Go Up