Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wondermark  (Read 3733 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Wondermark
« on: February 27, 2011, 07:12:01 pm »

Not sure about this one yet. Just throwing these out there. Is this thing on?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wondermark
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 07:45:05 pm »

Sometimes I really like Wondermark. Other times - and I am embarassed to admit this - I think it has too many words.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Wondermark
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:26:59 pm »

Why day is day, night night, and time is time,
Were nothing but to waste night, day and time.
Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,
And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
I will be brief: tl;sdr.


(too long; sometimes don't read.  I feel that way about dino comics too, which is pretty funny a good portion of the time.  I just don't have that kinda time for chuckles and guffaws.  I NEED QUICK PACE, T-REX!  BING BANG BOOM!  FIN FANG FOOM!)
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wondermark
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 12:18:20 am »

I mean, it's not like I don't read tons of words, normally. I think that a comic is not the right form for quite so many words.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Wondermark
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 03:57:14 am »

Wondermark sits with the pile of comics like Natalie Dee that just aren't for me and that's never going to change.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Wondermark
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 04:32:05 am »

They are not all gold.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wondermark
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 01:23:50 am »

I tend to enjoy Wondermark more than not.  I think the strip that turned it for me was this one.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Wondermark
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 09:40:42 pm »

I keep trying to like Wondermark because one of my Facebook friends absolutely fuck*ng loves it, but to me it's meh on it's good days. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up