Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!  (Read 2779 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:39:02 am »

Turboninja, a sort of rarely appearing but valued member of the board, turns 700 today (or something). Wish TN a festive occasion, won't you?

(Also Hobo Frenzy, who had a pretty good handle and a neat avatar but y'know, he don't come around much.)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:24:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure Turboninja put in a fake birthday. I don't think sock puppets have "birthdays," per se.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 12:39:21 pm »

I guess I don't know the socks. The only one I know is Ash's with the fantastic avatar.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 12:45:29 pm »

That was turboninja.

Am I right? Did I misremember this?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »

I don't know know which of Ash's multiple personalities you are thinking of, but Turbo Ninja is a separate real person. Well as far as you can tell about anyone around here.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 01:24:50 pm »

Yeah, I thought Turbo Ninja was an actual guy, I got yuks out of that guy.
But then I could be Ash covering for himself.

Happy birthday funny ninja.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 03:04:46 pm »

Well then who he hell was Ash's sock?!?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 03:10:01 pm »

I'm Ash's Sock and so is my wife.

Happy Birthday, cool occasional poster!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 03:12:42 pm »

Ash's socks?



They seem to be covered up by his #####.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 03:18:16 pm »

Looking at turboninja's profile -- which I clearly should have done up front -- I realize that I recognize the avatar, but had the name crossed with Sub_Topical. I suck at life.

Dude who is, in my mind, He-Man in a party hat, you are rad. I hope you come back and post some more, even if it means you see my horribly embarrassing error. You are rad.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 04:12:50 pm »

Well, I'm not a complete idiot. Color me surprised.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 09:48:18 pm »

happy birthday, strangedude.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 02:10:17 am »

Looking at turboninja's profile -- which I clearly should have done up front -- I realize that I recognize the avatar, but had the name crossed with Sub_Topical. I suck at life.

If all it takes to suck at life is to confuse members of a internet message board devoted to a defunct webcomic about alive stuffed animals and a depressed cat and a cat in a thong, well, then I'm totally fucked.

Happy birthday, dude.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 04:02:57 am »

Happy birthday, fellow traveller.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Go Turboninja, it's your birthday!
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2011, 06:13:50 pm »

Thanks, all.  I can confirm that I am, in fact, an actual guy.  I wear clothes to a job outside of my own home and everything.

Ain't come around here much anymore due to the lack of Achewood.  The conversation is good but I just forget about the board when I don't have the daily (hah!) updates to prompt me.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up