Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)  (Read 10598 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 06:19:39 pm »

I don't have time to log in to the admin panel right now, but remind me I owe Doc a thousand cans.

Yet another reminder that I'm not your favorite figment. Words hurt, Wombles.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »

I'll post here just to confirm that there are people lurking.  In the interests of full disclosure though, I did post here a few times a few years ago.  When I signed in after the new strip  and read my old posts I felt a bit lame, so I deleted that account and made this one.

Welcome back my friend, to the show that never ends.

Alternatively, Welcome Back Kotter (warning: contains unicycle).

Anyway, cheers.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 10:29:32 pm »

Nabu, you are so cool that you don't need cans.

As for the hiatus... Remember that fantasy I had? The one where he was writing a big backlog of strips before he started posting again, so he would be sure he wouldn't post just one and disappear again? Sigh. I have such an imagination.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 11:53:42 pm »

Nabu, you are so cool that you don't need cans.


I need some cans.

I need some people's cans.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2011, 12:25:13 am »

Nabu, you are so cool that you don't need cans.

As for the hiatus... Remember that fantasy I had? The one where he was writing a big backlog of strips before he started posting again, so he would be sure he wouldn't post just one and disappear again? Sigh. I have such an imagination.

I was thinking maybe he thought he was building up material in his head, based on his experience going to rehab, and that he thought the creative juices would flow if he did the whole "write what you know thing."  Then, you know, he made one new strip and was paralyzed with fear and readmitted to in-patient treatment.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2011, 02:15:31 am »

From now on, ever few months a new strip will appear and slowly one by one each character will wind up in their own cliffhanger until they are all in some separate peril.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2011, 10:43:23 am »

Welcome back my friend, to the show that never ends.

Turns out that punk really was necessary to save popular music from itself. 

Much like the bloated and complacent Ray Smuckles must (perhaps) die in order for Achewood to live again! 

Well, it could be a possibility, seeing as Chris  says he feels the need to not revisit the same things.  I realise it's a long shot and Achewood characters always return again after death, but I just wonder if he's tempted to completely kill Ray off.  It would be a ballsy move.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2011, 10:57:13 am »

All right,  this one can stay and not just  because I agree with him about ELP.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2011, 01:42:37 pm »

In the interests of full disclosure though, I did post here a few times a few years ago.  When I signed in after the new strip  and read my old posts I felt a bit lame, so I deleted that account and made this one.

You don't see me deleting my old lame posts.

Of course, I wouldn't have any posts left, but still.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jaded Tersk

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 49
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2011, 11:47:26 pm »

Our brains find it hard enough to forget and forgive our own instances of Lameness without the hard proof of it staring us in the face on the forum about the talking cats.  We must all suffer the long dark nights where we are just lying in bed and remember something mortifying we said out loud in front of people when we were 13 years old.

Delete all your lame posts, I say!  Take responsibility for nothing! 
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 04:35:30 am »

I look forward to enjoying your new iteration and your 1:1 post:TCoDP ratio.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch potatoes on the brain (Nov. 23, 2011)
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 11:33:38 pm »

I'm thoroughly glad this is a thing again. Roast Beef's flow is just amazing in this one.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up