Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taxidermied Animal Mutants Museum?  (Read 1603 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Taxidermied Animal Mutants Museum?
« on: December 28, 2011, 12:04:05 am »

Folks, I need your help with something I'm trying to figure out from my childhood.  There is/was a museum of taxidermied animal mutants that my parents took me to on a family trip when I was littl, and I had nightmares for years from going to that place.  I can't for the life of me figure out what it was/is.  What I most clearly remember, apart from a lot of taxidermy animals with two heads or extra limbs and such was that it was in a basement of a museum that I think was otherwise more normal, and that the inspiration for the museum came to a guy who was possibly the owner because he had a mutant dog.  I think the dog only had front legs and used a special cart the owner/collector made for him.  Or it could have just been that a taxidermy of a man who's dog was missing legs was featured in the museum.  I seem to recall the dog was one of the taxidermied animals on display regardless.

This museum could have been on either the US or Canadian side of the border on the way to or from Winnipeg to Niagara Falls by way of Bemidji, Minnesota.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?  In my memory it seems like a huge collection, but I was little at the time and likely it's bigger in my memory.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Taxidermied Animal Mutants Museum?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 12:12:45 am »

If there's any chance it's still in business I'll bet it's listed here: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up