Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xfinity/Comcast  (Read 1750 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Xfinity/Comcast
« on: August 17, 2012, 12:58:12 am »

I usually have access to fios and am extremely pleased with it, but now I'm in an area where the next best option is xfinity/comcast (affordable plan is 50d/10u). Anyone have experience with these guys?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Xfinity/Comcast
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 01:58:09 am »

I had them for a while. They were always much slower than Fios but I've heard they really upped their speed options since I left. They're the usual cable company blah. 4-hour service windows, only having old modems on the truck, trying to talk you out of using a CableCard. I've only had Fios for a week so I can't say which is honestly better.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Xfinity/Comcast
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 03:41:18 am »

Fios in NoVa is the tits. 5 guys playing shooteump games while the girlfriends watch whatever on netflix and still get quotes with no delay is awesome. This suburb, however, is less than optimal so I looked at Xfinity.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Xfinity/Comcast
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 04:26:18 am »

i have that one. reliable 20down, 4up, rare outages - but when they hit, they hit hard, usually lasting longer than 3 hours. we don't have fios available here, because i don't live in what's called a "good part of town" or whatever, so my only other option was dsl at a quarter the speed and the same price. 50down/10up is actually a good deal more than i need, which is something i never thought i'd say. i don't have a game console though, so that's probably a major distinction.

also their customer service is much more reasonable than at&t or verizon: i'm a patient dude when it comes to callcenter scripts, and i know the basics on how to reset devices, so i do that idiotic routine before i call, and tell them i've done so as soon as they ask how they can help. being kind to those poor bastards with those shit jobs makes their day easier and as a result it makes my call go better. the same treatment with at&t or vzn though somehow doesn't lead to the same results.

one last thing: if you have an issue that's specific to you, they're more than willing to freebie you as apology. i got free hbo for six months because my dvr hung and missed a couple scheduled recordings.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Xfinity/Comcast
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 05:01:28 am »

i have never had them cause I hear they fuck with torrent users, for what its worth.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Xfinity/Comcast
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 12:48:55 pm »

Comcast did have to pay class-action settlement for messing with peer-to-peer stuff. They also have a pretty strict bandwidth cap from what I remember but I think everybody does now. When I had Comcast it was 200GB for everybody. I know Cox's caps are relative to the speed you pay for, hopefully Comcast has changed to be the same way.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up