Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Gear Panzer Attack!  (Read 1559 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Audio Gear Panzer Attack!
« on: February 11, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:55:46 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Audio Gear Panzer Attack!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:51:26 am »

I am amazed that it cost this much, a little, but this thing is awesome. Stupid name notwithstanding. My roommate has one and I use it for listening to music while I clean, cook, etc.

The only thing that makes me want to murder it is that when it starts running low on batteries, if it is on, a loud woman's voice says PLEASE CHARGE BATTERY over and over. This usually happens when it has been left on overnight, at 5 am, in the kitchen directly below my bedroom. The walls in this house are a ton more insulated, I guess, because if this happens when it is in my dining room (directly next to my room) I can't hear it, but if it is directly below my bedroom it may as well be in bed with me.

I did not know it had bluetooth capabilities, which makes me wonder if he has some discontinued cheaper version. His just has a little cable to plug into your headphone jack.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Audio Gear Panzer Attack!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 02:40:34 pm »

This isn't exactly what Ash is looking for, but I now have two Sonos wi-fi speakers and I freaking love them. I ripped all my CDs to MP3, and combined with the MP3s I've collected over the years (via eMusic and other sources) I have over 10,000 tracks in the library. I can call up anything from the laptop or the phone, or just put the whole damn pile on shuffle. I can also stream from Amazon Cloud Player, Spotify, or a variety of other services, and I can stream most radio stations (KEXP FTW!).

Just need the soundbar and three more speakers and I'll have the whole house covered.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up