Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born  (Read 5105 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2004, 02:03:34 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Ha, I'm working at Lynn's Paradise Cafe


I knew it!

We had brunch there two weeks ago.  Lynn's is great, if anybody's ever in town you should definitely check it out.

Used to live right across the street from Lynn's original location on Frankfort Avenue.  There were always people lined up.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2004, 03:48:15 am »

Shelbyville, Where?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2004, 04:34:53 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Shelbyville, Where?


At the moment it's about 9 miles WSW of me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Flenker

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 68
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2004, 07:59:50 am »

Wilco is teh rad.  I will download this and buy this.  Yankkee Hotel Foxtrot is a good damn album
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2004, 11:18:36 pm »

The last track, The Late Greats, has finally leaked. I know you were all waiting with bated breath.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2004, 11:34:03 pm »

Quote from: "Flenker"
Yankkee Hotel Foxtrot is a good damn album


I'd heard good things about it, so I acquired a copy and was disappointed - I found it to be meandering anti-song rock that was pretty standard stuff - like what the Counting Crows were doing about seven years ago (although I really liked the CC's first two albums).

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2004, 12:02:02 am »

Quote from: "jough"
I'd heard good things about it, so I acquired a copy and was disappointed


I've been having this problem where I avoid fawningly critically acclaimed albums like the plague, only to find that I end up enjoying them immensely.
That's what happened with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and with Yoshimi Battles the Pink *****s.  I fear losing my indie cred.
Logged
goose means greedy

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2004, 12:18:19 am »

This album is more songy for the most part. Incidentally, the Counting Crows have taken to "worshiping" Wilco, and using California Stars, a 6 year old Wilco song featuring Woody Guthrie lyrics, as their sing-along encore.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

V-Adore

  • Guest
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2004, 01:10:41 am »

Yoshimi Battles the Pink Asterisks was a damn, damn fine album. This is all.

(It also has enough weird ambient noises that it scares my suitemates, which is a plus.)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2004, 04:45:14 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Yoshimi Battles the Pink Asterisks was a damn, damn fine album. This is all.


Yohshimi has been facing down a very menacing pink * on my desktop for about a year now.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2004, 09:43:40 pm »

http://rollingstone.com/news/newsarticle.asp?nid=19556

Quote
The Boston-based Web master of bemydemon.org -- a Wilco lyric site that singer Jeff Tweedy has occasionally consulted backstage in moments of forgetfulness -- the twenty-five-year-old Givony transcribed the new songs' lyrics and sent them to Tweedy with an apology for having the album early, a promise to purchase it when it is commercially available and a solicitation for lyric corrections.

After Tweedy complied, Givony dreamed up a unique way of showing his gratitude: the just-launched justafan.org, a site set up specifically for fans who download copies of the new Wilco album and want to show their appreciation by making a donation to the band-selected charity Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres. In less than a day online, with nothing more than word-of-mouth publicity, donations exceeded $1,500
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Wilco album-A Ghost Is Born
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2004, 08:21:29 am »

Wow. That's pretty groovy.
I might have to get into these guys more just out of principle!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up