Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing  (Read 3270 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AKKOLADE

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« on: March 11, 2016, 11:13:46 am »

Not gonna lie, I laughed harder at today's one than any other since the Christmas Resurrection. Physical suffering is comedy gold!
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:43:16 am »

I was laughing the whole way through this one.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:46:07 am »

Although, I must say that I think "I like how he's using natural-language search phrases now." is the correct title of this thread.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 11:48:37 am »

And I guess Molly is gone and Beef is living with Ray now. I can't think of any scenario where Ray and Teodor are in Beef's house when he was not, or at all even if he were. All of their socializing takes place at Ray's place.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 01:54:15 pm »

Not gonna lie, I laughed harder at today's one than any other since the Christmas Resurrection. Physical suffering is comedy gold!

Yeah.  Something about Ray getting his junk electrified just opens up the ol' giggle box.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 02:20:03 pm »

And I guess Molly is gone and Beef is living with Ray now. I can't think of any scenario where Ray and Teodor are in Beef's house when he was not, or at all even if he were. All of their socializing takes place at Ray's place.

I feel like you may be overthinking this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 03:37:18 pm »

That authentication crack in the alt was a nice dash of salt on top of a beefy dude's stew of a strip.

"Authenticution"
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 06:22:10 pm »

I think there is something to this. I'm trying to read these in the moment and not layer them overmuch with history.

And this particular one is obviously a gag, not plot development.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2016, 08:01:56 pm »

I feel like you may be overthinking this.

Possibly.

Ultimately my thoughts led me to conclude that this a new era of Achewood divorced from the plot entanglements of the past. The characters personalities have been well established at this point and Onstad can throw them into any scenario and make them dance. To me this seems like a 3rd version of the strip. In the original strip it was more of a joke strip with a set up and a punch line. Often the punchlines were esoteric which made us love it more. In the second iteration it was more plot driven and less jokey. In ways this latest version is a combination of the first two. it's like the original version in that it's a set up and a joke, only with a more conversational style of the second iteration.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 08:48:12 pm »

Possibly.

Ultimately my thoughts led me to conclude that this a new era of Achewood divorced from the plot entanglements of the past. The characters personalities have been well established at this point and Onstad can throw them into any scenario and make them dance. To me this seems like a 3rd version of the strip. In the original strip it was more of a joke strip with a set up and a punch line. Often the punchlines were esoteric which made us love it more. In the second iteration it was more plot driven and less jokey. In ways this latest version is a combination of the first two. it's like the original version in that it's a set up and a joke, only with a more conversational style of the second iteration.

Sure, but HOW IS PHILIPPE'S NEW CAMPAIGN GOING.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11th March 2016 - Is betrayal a pretty good thing
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2016, 10:22:14 pm »

Sure, but HOW IS PHILIPPE'S NEW CAMPAIGN GOING.

It's like an old school sitcom where in each new episode they hit the reset button.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up