Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IRC right now!  (Read 1804 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
IRC right now!
« on: January 27, 2004, 05:00:43 am »

server: irc.evilpaws.org
port: 6667
channel: #roastbeef
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
IRC right now!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 05:05:31 am »

I tried this before.  I never could figure out how to use it.

~Paul<--Not geeky enough
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
IRC right now!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 05:37:58 am »

In future, give us a little more heads-up? I can't show up tonight, but if I had had some notice I might have.

(This reminds me of the guy I know who will randomly e-mail us with "I'M PLAYING MONOPOLY NOW IF ANYONE WANTS IN." Great, except when you check your e-mail three hours later...)
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
IRC right now!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 05:08:49 pm »

In the future, I'd love to give you more of a heads-up - however, the issue is that I never know when I'm going to be IRCing in the first place. Don't let that stop you. As long as we don't overload the server, we have clearance to use that chat space. If they ask, tell them Choop sent you.

For all who don't "get" IRC: You just need a client, such as mIRC, ircle, or Trillian. Google for them, download, and install. Then, following their help documentation, you can easily set up a connection to the above server and port. Once you're connected, type "/join #roastbeef" (no quotes, natch) to hop into the channel.

There's a lot more you can do, I just don't know most of it and don't really feel like getting into what little I do know right now.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: [1]   Go Up