Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't  (Read 14862 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2004, 06:36:16 pm »

I think I've had Gray Cat Pad Thai!
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2004, 09:01:08 pm »

In pad thai, all cats are gray.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2004, 09:15:14 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
In pad thai, all cats are gray.


In Thai Union, cats pad you!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2004, 09:54:18 pm »

Ah yes, where else can one find a thread with posts referencing The Cure and Yakov Smirnov, one after the other.

For what it's worth, I thought the sign meant Grrr, Cat Pad Thai.  As if the cat were unhappy about the dish it was destined for.

But that could come from eating at a place called the Thai-ger Room.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2004, 10:54:19 pm »

Umm, I had gator one time and I thought it sort of tasted like chicken. Also, it's said that rattlesnake tastes like chicken, but I've only had it smoked. It's hard to tell what something tastes like when it's been smoked, to me.

On the SPAM front, Alaska is like the number two consumer of it per capita in the nation. I believe Hawaii is number one.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2004, 01:50:40 am »

Counterintuitively, there is also a large population of Samoans and Micronesians in Alaska too. I guess they go for the climate? They could explain your Spam consumption too.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2004, 04:43:11 am »

Quote from: "sjlimmer"
For what it's worth, I thought the sign meant Grrr, Cat Pad Thai.


It's an ad for a cat apartmant.  Cat Pad, get it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2004, 06:17:04 am »

Must be for a Siamese cat...Cat Pad Thai!!

sorry.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2004, 05:06:07 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
rabbit


Truth. It tastes much more hearty. Of course, I may be some vegetarian alt.country asshole.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2004, 06:44:40 am »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
Of course, I may be some vegetarian alt.country asshole.


That's my fondess ambition.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2004, 03:48:47 pm »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
vegetarian alt.country asshole.


*puts away Wilco CD and glass of soy milk; guilty look*
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Things that People Say Taste Like Chicken but Don't
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2004, 07:55:07 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
*puts away Wilco CD and glass of soy milk; guilty look*

Damn you, Tweedy! Damn you...for making me LOVE you!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up