Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fnord.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody want a Gmail invite?  (Read 19237 times)

CortJstr

• Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
    • Rarely updated random quotes
Anybody want a Gmail invite?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2004, 01:28:27 pm »

The whole reason I even bothered creating cortjstr.com was so the SO and I could have actual reliable e-mail addresses instead of dealing with small limits, spam, and constant outages at hotmail and yahoo and now Google goes and offers more storage for free than I get for my entire website.

But still I've never like web interfaces. Even for my Hotmail account I use Outlook or OE. I only use Squirrel for my cortjstr account if I have to.

AugustWest

• Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2004, 01:53:33 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Even though I own eleven different domain names, I suddenly have the urge to acquire a Gmail account.

Austin, if you have any invites left over that no one wants, hook me up.

Who the hell is Austin?
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

• Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2004, 02:52:03 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
...I mean, the gig's got to be nice and all, but if you're hanging onto a gig's worth of e-mails - what? You actually think one day you're really and truly going to go back through them all? Or wait - let me guess - your fuck*ng biographers?

As your future biographer, I order you to retain all e-mails and 7-11 reciepts for my future reference.
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

• God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 145
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 04:45:29 pm »

August, I have seen photos of you, and you look very much like a friend whose name is Austin.

And then my brain gets fried between August and Austin and...

I am an idiot.  

Thank you for the invite nonetheless.  I shall try to use it for good rather than evil.

AugustWest

• Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2004, 04:53:02 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
August, I have seen photos of you, and you look very much like a friend whose name is Austin.

And then my brain gets fried between August and Austin and...

I am an idiot.  

Ain't no thang.

I shall try to use it for good rather than evil.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Also, I have sent all my invites now.  Anybody else who wants one should bug one of the people who got one from me.

V-Adore

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2004, 07:30:41 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
and, of course, having another email address would be handy since v-adore got me ADDICTED to kingdomofloathing, which is a WORSE form of CRACK than magic the gathering. grrrr.

I, too, have done the "oh my GOD where can I get another E-MAIL ADDRESS I need to have a NEW ALT RIGHT NOW" thing. You know it's bad when you actually use the pretentious @livejournal.com e-mail alias you get with a paid account just because you need a Sauceror alt that badly.

Anyway, my name is uncommon enough that generally I don't feel the need to insta-sign-up for mailing services just to get it. On the other hand... man, all the cool kids are doin' it. Now I sorta want in.

Bozack

• Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2004, 08:16:50 pm »

Wait, so now is it like everyone with a new gmail account has our own invitations? My god, this is just like herpes! Yeah, if that's the case, anyone who wants one can give me a message.

AustinWest rocks my world.
Hey, things are going okay now!

Gimpson

• King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2004, 08:26:25 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Wait, so now is it like everyone with a new gmail account has our own invitations? My god, this is just like herpes! Yeah, if that's the case, anyone who wants one can give me a message.

Not just yet.  I assume we'll get our own invites at some point, but I'm not sure how long you have to have had the account before they invite you.

jough

• God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2004, 08:38:37 pm »

August said a couple of days.

And supposedly when one of your invites signs up they e-mail them and let them know what your e-mail address is, so that, I suppose, they can sign you up for SO MUCH SPAM.

CortJstr

• Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
    • Rarely updated random quotes
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2004, 08:44:26 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Anyway, my name is uncommon enough that generally I don't feel the need to insta-sign-up for mailing services just to get it. On the other hand... man, all the cool kids are doin' it. Now I sorta want in.

This is why I always use CortJstr. So far I've been able to use it everywhere I've signed up except for Yahoo. Screw you other CortJstr. FUCK You!

jough

• God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2004, 06:55:52 pm »

Man, http://gmail.google.com is 404 now.

NOT FOUND

AugustWest

• Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2004, 07:17:29 pm »

Mine is still working.  I just got this:

FOR SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIAL REASONS,YOU SHOULD SEND YOUR REPLIES TO THIS EMAIL BOX: belzulu@netomail.net

MR. BEL-ZULU
SOUTH AFRICA
EMAIL :belzulu@netomail.net

DEAR SIR,

I AM AN OFFICER CORPORATE BANKING DEPARTMENT OF TRUST [SOUTH AFRICA] MY DEPARTMENT RELATES MORE WITH THE AFFAIRS OF THE STATE. VERY LATELY AN AMOUNT OF MONEY WAS
DISCOVERED BY US IN A SUSPENSE / AN ABANDONED ACCOUNT TO THE SUM OF FIFTEEN POINT THREE MILLION US DOLLARS ONLY. AN ACCOUNT THAT BELONGED TO ONE OF OUR FOREIGN CUSTOMERS WHO DIED ALONG WITH HIS ENTIRE FAMILY ON NOVEMBER 1994 IN A GHASTLY AUTO CRASH. SINCE WE GOT INFORMATION ABOUT HIS DEATH, WE HAVE BEEN EXPECTING HIS NEXT-OF-KIN TO COME OVER AND CLAIM HIS MONEY BECAUSE WE CANNOT RELEASE IT UNLESS SOMEBODY APPLIED FOR IT AS NEXT- OF-KIN, OR RELATION TO THE DECEASED AS INDICATED IN OUR BANKING GUIDELINES. UNFORTUNATELY, NOBODY HAS COME FOWARD TO CLAIM THIS MONEY.IT IS BASED ON THIS THAT SOME OFFICIALS IN MY DEPARTEMENT AND I HAVE DECIDED TO ESTABLISH A CORDIAL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU, HENCE MY CONTACTING YOU. WE WANT YOU TO PRESENT YOURSELF AS THE NEXT-OF- KIN OR RELATION OF THE DECEASED SO THAT THE FUND CAN BE REMITTED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. MOREOVER, WE DO NOT WANT THE MONEY TO GO INTO THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT AS UNCLAIMED BILL.

THE BANKING LAW AND GUIDELINES HERE STIPULATE THAT ANY
ACCOUNT ABANDONED OR IS DORMANT FOR A PERIOD OF YEARS IS DEEMED CLOSED AND ALL MONEY CONTAINED THEREIN FORFEITED TO THE GOVERNMENT TREASURY ACCOUNT.

NOW IT IS BEING SPECULATED THAT THE ABOVE SUM WILL BE TRANSFERED INTO THE GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT AS AN UNCLAIMED FUND ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 2004. THE REASON FOR REQUESTING YOU TO PRESENT YOURSELF AS NEXT-OF- KIN IS OCCASIONED BY THE FACT THAT THE DECEASED (CUSTOMER) WAS A FOREIGNER.

THE MODE OF SHARING AFTER A SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THE MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT: 70% TO MY COLLEAGUES AND I; FOR THE ROLE YOU WILL BE EXPECTEDTO PLAY IN THIS DEAL, WE HAVE AGREED TO GIVE YOU THIRTY PERCENT (25%) OF THE TOTAL SUM, AND 5% FOR THE EXPENSES WE ARE GOING TO ENCOUNTER BY THE TWO PARTIES AT THE COURSE OF THIS TRANSACTION.THEREFORE YOU ARE EXPECTED TO REPLY THIS LETTER INDICATING YOUR READINESS AND INTEREST TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS BUSINESS.

AFTER RECEIVING YOUR REPLY IN THIS EMAIL: belzulu@netomail.net

YOU WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO WITH THE
EXACT STEPS TO TAKE. I EXPECT YOUR URGENT RESPONSE

NOTE ALSO THAT FOR SECURITY REASONS I WOULD'T BE ABLE
TO SPEAK TO YOU DURING OFFICE HOURS HENCE I SHALL GIVE YOU MY PRIVATE NUMBER WHERE YOU CAN ALWAYS REACH ME AT THE PROPER TIME. PLEASE TREAT THIS BUSINESS ! PROPOSAL AS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL FOR SECURITY REASONS. AS ALL THE TOP OFFICIALS INVOLVED IN THE BUSINESS HERE DO NOT WANT TO GET INTO TROUBLE AS A RESULT OF INDECENT PUBLICITY.

KIND PERSONAL REGARDS,

MR. BEL-ZULU

Sniff... My first spam at the new addy.

jough

• God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2004, 08:22:48 pm »

It's back up now.  I had sent them e-mail and they replied that they were upgrading a network switch.  

Whatever.

:lame:

Flenker

• YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.picdump.org/gallery/chris
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2004, 02:09:38 am »

well if anyone else has an invite, I wouldn't mind trying this thing out...  send the invite my way, to c_flenker (at) hotmail dot com

sailor

• Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2004, 02:52:16 am »

If this thing does the herpes type spread, i'd luuuvvvvv an invite. I get so much spam at my current addy, it's almost not worth reading. i am, with any luck and love from y'all, at:  thesailor(at)eudoramail(dot)com , for not much longer.

thyaankkee!
Hey, what's this? Cursive?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up