Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Poll

So who's got a blog?

Me. I do.
- 6 (40%)
Nope.
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: June 24, 2004, 05:25:32 am


Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogging  (Read 4858 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogging
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 06:12:23 pm »

I won't even ask why you were reading Ms.

Oh wait, you live with a woman, right?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogging
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2004, 08:57:17 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I won't even ask why you were reading Ms.

Oh wait, you live with a woman, right?

And the woman I live with was in the masthead of that particular issue.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Blogging
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2004, 09:37:11 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"

and also that the concept that she is "ugly" is a concept of the media's making, not her own.


In reference to her hatin herself regarding that, all I know is that when I met her and Rickman, he said later that she was an horrific alcoholic who tended to throw the filming schedule off by hitting her head on things.
But then given I met him through my ex's aunt, who was a pretty horrible person, maybe he is too. Didn't seem it, but...

I didn't really get a chance to talk to Garofalo at all as she was filming at the time (vistied the set for a day to hang out).

It's funny, I've never even seen the film surface anywhere. It was a fairly independent one...

Bingo.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogging
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2004, 10:32:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Oh wait, you live with a woman, right?


You say this like it's some kind of disease.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Blogging
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2004, 10:34:49 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
You say this like it's some kind of disease.


Women get infections. Just ask Newt Gingrich!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogging
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2004, 07:01:17 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "jough"
Oh wait, you live with a woman, right?


You say this like it's some kind of disease.


No no... well...

No, I just meant that a bloke living alone who subscribes to Ms. would have to be someone trying very very hard to be a poofster without knowing what that lifestyle truly entails.

Also, I mean, Ms.?  It's not every day that anyone would admit to reading it, let alone a man with a modicum of self-respect.

That's all I meant.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogging
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2004, 03:46:36 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Also, I mean, Ms.?  It's not every day that anyone would admit to reading it, let alone a man with a modicum of self-respect.

That's all I meant.

Again, my S.O. was in the masthead of that issue. The non-profit she works for bought Ms. a while back so she has to work on it now and then.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Blogging
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2004, 03:49:00 pm »

I hear you, brother.  Your manliness is not in question.  It just struck me as funny - "So I was reading something in Ms. the other day..."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Blogging
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 01:33:59 pm »

I hate people who spam the comments on my blog.
I HATE them.  I fuck*ng HATE THEM.

That is all.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Blogging
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2004, 02:30:07 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I hate people who spam the comments on my blog.

I HATE them.  I fuck*ng HATE THEM.


I recently had to shut down comments on one of my old entries because the comment spammers were pounding it mercilessly.

A shame, that is...  I really hated to end the lively discussion of that dream I had about Saddam Hussein and The Grateful Dead a year ago.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogging
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2004, 08:26:10 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I hate people who spam the comments on my blog.

I HATE them.  I fuck*ng HATE THEM.


I recently had to shut down comments on one of my old entries because the comment spammers were pounding it mercilessly.

A shame, that is...  I really hated to end the lively discussion of that dream I had about Saddam Hussein and The Grateful Dead a year ago.

Man, the one time that happened to me, I just sort of let it run its course.  Well...mostly. (Sadly, the post that started all of it -- the author of the bad smut I was ragging on calling out her minions to destroy me, and then about 500 comments of the minions being really impressed that I wasn't coming to defend myself on the author's blog which I do not read -- got deleted.)

This proves the first law of blogs: when I post something meaningful, self-searching, or attempting to be beautiful, nobody cares, but when I post some random dorky ramblings, the monkeys mob me with powerful power.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up