Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: On the Subject of "Lame"  (Read 3790 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
On the Subject of "Lame"
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2004, 06:26:23 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Do people outside Chicago get jokes on SCTV? Do people outside the NE get jokes from Mr. Belvedere?


People outside the US just have no idea what the fuck any of this is.

Well, I know of News Radio, but that's about it. I guess, as I knew nothing of any of the Adult Swim things 'til I downloaded them, or any SNL things similarly, I could do the same. Though it wasn't I who downloaded them... Meh.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
On the Subject of "Lame"
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2004, 06:58:23 pm »

The question should really be: does anyone outside of Canada get SCTV?

SCTV was a Canadian production (even though Second City is in Chicago) and many of their jokes were about contemporary Canadian government.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
On the Subject of "Lame"
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2004, 08:09:53 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
...Mr. Belvedere?

I should want to cook him a simple meal, but I shouldn't want to cut into him, to tear the flesh, to wear the flesh, to be born unto new worlds where his flesh becomes the key.

I would never stop smiling if Viva Variety came out on DVD. Plant or Animal! Hugo the Talking Yugo! Baby is a Middle-Aged Jazz Musician!

"Yeah man, I'd play you some Miles, but you just wouldn't understand."
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up