Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ...  (Read 5775 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2004, 06:53:15 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
It's just an apt metaphor.


It's Apt.  APT!!!!

Who else was thinking this?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2004, 06:57:43 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
It's just an apt metaphor.


It's Apt.  APT!!!!

Who else was thinking this?


Yeah, I feel like I'm doomed to hear Lisa Simpson every time someone says "Apt".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2004, 07:35:52 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "jough"
It's just an apt metaphor.


It's Apt.  APT!!!!

Who else was thinking this?


Yeah, I feel like I'm doomed to hear Lisa Simpson every time someone says "Apt".


Sigh. I actually always think of the movie "Apt Pupil" that I've never seen, but which originally prompted me to look up the meaning of the word "apt" in a dictionary.

Also, I'm with AugustWest in wanting to know exactly how much I would have to pay to make Onstad my monkey.

And also, Bozack, I have to agree, where do these girlfriends come from?  I've put the Achewood cook book on two birthday and one X-mas wish list for my S.O. , and still I'll be putting it on my next birth wish list this Sept 27th, because it's been constantly ignored as being "too much effort."  Double Sigh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2004, 09:14:23 pm »

Man, the SO here done bought me a postcard for Valentine's Day. A postcard with a map of the Boston T.

(Okay, so there were also some chocolate-covered fortune cookies. But mostly the T map.)
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2004, 10:57:30 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Man, the SO here done bought me a postcard for Valentine's Day. A postcard with a map of the Boston T.


The T is a good subway system to receive a postcard of. It has an aesthetically pleasing octothorpal shape. It is less aesthetically pleasing in the more recent maps, but still pretty nice.
Logged

gchedzhemov

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
...
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 11:30:26 pm »

...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 01:22:13 pm by gchedzhemov »
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2004, 11:45:28 pm »

I was commenting on the Philippe in French Fry Heaven art that was to my knowledge not done by Onstad.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2004, 11:53:54 pm »

Some of you piss-drinkers are why nobody can have anything nice ever, anywhere, from now until the day the sun finally shrinks down to a cold lifeless ball of nuclear byproduct.

gched, that is one hell of an anniversary gift and you are a lucky individual.

pubdoggy, that painting is rad as fuck even if Onstad didn't actually make it.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2004, 12:20:34 am »

J, I know you don't hear this often (here at least) but thanks for saying what I hadn't yet had time to post.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2004, 12:24:28 am »

Okay, stepping in to do some light modding:

Please, please, for the love of God, let's not get into a bitchfight over this. I understand that one of FeroJ's ceremonial roles on this board is to step into threads, say "YOU ARE ALL COCKSWALLOWS," and leave; however, none of this is worth high language. I like this board because it's friendly and people can agree to disagree here, and if we can't do that, I'm turning this thread around and going to the border with it, folks.

That said: I like both the strip (although I am not sure how funny the strip is, I admire it as an artifact, and as a commissioned gift it's a lovely idea) and the painting -- who painted it, if I may ask, Pub?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2004, 01:00:49 am »

HAMMER'D
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2004, 01:01:40 am »

V-Adore is the one who is correct here.  I haven't actually done the FJ Fight Dance in a while, but this was beyond intolerable.

Actually, for the most part, the reason why I don't post is usually because you guys are generally pretty cool and have already talked about/pointed out things that I would've wanted to say.

HUUUUUUUGS DAMMIT
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2004, 01:35:10 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
....Where did you people GET these girlfriends? Mine just steal my copies of William Gibson books. Well, my copies....and my heart.


I wish I had a girlfriend to steal my William Gibson books, except in my case they would be Ken Macleod books.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2004, 05:53:38 am »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
I wish I had a girlfriend to steal my William Gibson books, except in my case they would be Ken Macleod books.


......


The Highlander wrote BOOKS?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

pubdoggy

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 89
  • R. Smuckles publicity shot c. 2002
    • View Profile
    • Simon Whitehead Photography
Prick's tryna' move smack on my turf!
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2004, 08:21:18 am »

Ladies and Gentlemen. (drumroll).

<bomb style="dropped">Mr Chris Onstad DID paint Philippe In French Fry Heaven. For me. For my Birthday. My girlfriend did not ask for anything specific from him - just a "good thing which he will like".</bomb>

HOW good is that?

sorry Jough.
Logged
Satori must be something just the same...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up