Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Take Off, to the Great White...  (Read 4742 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Take Off, to the Great White...
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 07:14:25 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
I figured if any ya'll cared you could go here and read about what we did once we got to Calgary.


Nice blogspot template.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Take Off, to the Great White...
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 08:22:27 pm »

My sister lives in Calgary, and so after a few visits there I can vouch for it being extreme lame to the max, and most definitely full of cowboy-hat-wearing-right-wingers (and openly racist, to an extent that I've not seen elsewhere in Canada, to boot!)  Furthermore, we discovered that it is not even possible to sneak into the Stampede in order to purchase mini-donuts on account of the fences are razor-wire.  Boo.

On topic, most of the good suggestions for things to take on a road trip have already been suggested.  However, my family is generally a very road-trippy one, and as my father and I are both music geeks, one or both of us often makes a themed mix CD for the trip, the listening of which is generally full of trivia-swapping that passes alarming amounts of time.  But this tip may not apply to all families.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up