Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)  (Read 2742 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« on: August 17, 2004, 06:10:24 am »

Man, I kind of wish that Onstad would set the strip to update at like 6:00AM each day. I always feel like I've spoiled the surprise when I'm surfing late at night and I read the new comic.  Then again, maybe I just have poor impulse control--good thing i'm moving to the Aleutian Islands. If you get that reference, you get a cookie.

me: "Oh noooo I was supposed to have saved that for TOMORROWWWW GOD DAMMIT."

:(

Anyway, I fuck*ng love Roomba theater. And how about that RAD Adobe lettering? I think that's my new favorite Achewood Minutae detail.

EDIT: Added the date. -- V
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 06:12:26 am »

Argh! My shame is great. I shall lock my thread momentarily.

Anyway, like I said there: love the wigs and the appropriately geekly insistence of which foods are being eaten by who and the entitlement issues related to it.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 06:13:40 am »

Oh man, I love getting the strip in just before bed.

But then again, I am disappointed when I check my daily links in the morning and have no new Achewood to read.

But now there are the blogs.  Yay blogs!

Oh, and this strip was cute and kind of a throwback to older Achewoods but it was silly and fun.  The Rolos thing was a little lame, but a look at someone inventing Photoshop was funny.  

I hope Achewood doesn't become the McSweeney's of online comics, where they start with a funny premise and then do absolutely nothing with it.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 06:19:16 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"

Anyway, like I said there: love the wigs and the appropriately geekly insistence of which foods are being eaten by who and the entitlement issues related to it.


Heh, the wigs and beards and aviator-frame glasses remind me of the "Sabotage" video by the Beastie Boys. One of my fondest Halloween celebrations yielded three cute hipster boys dressed up as Cochese et al.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004, 07:27:45 am »

I am not so sure about these last two rhoomba theater strips.

Onstad has every right to come up with comic ideas while staring at an imposingly blank Illustrator page/canvas (or whatever it uses...I have never really tackled the higher adobe products), but this one seems not so inspired.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 07:52:39 am »

I think the budget for Roomba Theater just at least doubled.

And "The Invention of Photoshop" clearly beats "The Assassination of Abraham Lincoln".
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 12:41:52 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
The Rolos thing was a little lame


But he ate like fifty of them. He did not roll a Rolo to his pal; he sat in front of his 8086 and ate them all, possibly while browsing for humiliating hats in a Harriet Carter catalog.

Today, at work, I will be on the lookout for a chance to say, with at least the thinnest shred of context, "Screw you for eating all the Rolos".

Quote from: "sailor"
I think the budget for Roomba Theater just at least doubled.


Dude, you just know they already had those mustaches and wigs just laying around.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2004, 01:07:27 pm »

This actually may be one of my favorite Roomba strips. The first panel of Beef, all sliding in in his garb is beautiful. Also, "Listen, I'm about to order tacos. Do you want any."
I think the best thing about Roomba theater is how completely unnecessary the Roombas are. This is perhaps the only Roomba theater where the use of the Roomba makes sense. The rest is just gratuitous Roomba-use.

It's just Roomba, but I LIKE it.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2004, 01:36:16 pm »

The awesomest thing is that they actually look like John and Tom.

http://www.storyphoto.com/multimedia/multimedia_photoshop.html
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2004, 04:39:26 pm »

It would've been a great moment in comedy if it turned out that Teodor's chair was actually sitting on top of a roomba.

Oh, and why is that "Roomba" is pretty much the only part of the title card not TMed?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 05:06:41 pm »

Quote from: "arlucasinc"
The awesomest thing is that they actually look like John and Tom.

http://www.storyphoto.com/multimedia/multimedia_photoshop.html


No mention of Rolos in that article, though.

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
Dogg, don't piss on me I just invented Photoshop (17 August)
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2004, 11:39:43 pm »

Love Teodor's turtleneck.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up