Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

So now we know who reads the News Box.  Hello Jaydub.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: oh, those suicidegirls  (Read 8182 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2004, 05:45:30 pm »

I hereby heap disdain on Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden, and Carraba's Italian Overpriced Crap.  If you must visit a chain Italian restaurant, go to Buca di Beppo.  Have an eggplant parmesan.  It's frikkin' awesome.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2004, 06:47:50 pm »

Quote from: "linnea"
Something had... somehow... not quite made it.


You'd be amazed at how often that happens, especially in restaurants where elderly people go a lot.

You'd also be amazed at who gets to clean that up. You wouldn't think that, you know, a HOST would have to clean up feces. You'd think, yeah, janitorial staff, busboys, sure. Not the lowest-paid worker. Surely HE wouldn't have to wipe up bean-looking shit.

Well, you'd be wrong.

Cleaning up RAW FECAL MATTER with a spray-bottle of disinfectant and a load of paper towels. Thank God we had those throw-away latex gloves. I gave my notice that same day, right after shooting one of the gloves at my boss.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2004, 07:13:16 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I hereby heap disdain on Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden, and Carraba's Italian Overpriced Crap.  If you must visit a chain Italian restaurant, go to Buca di Beppo.  Have an eggplant parmesan.  It's frikkin' awesome.


I haven't been to Carraba's yet, but Macaroni is clearly not nearly so crappy as Olive Garden.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2004, 07:50:05 pm »

This entire discussion (er, minus the fecal elements) is making me miss Boston more and more. Talk about Italian!

Hell, even here in Nowhere, Louisiana, we have an excellent Italian place. (Albeit it's sort of an odd Cajun synthesis -- there are really no non-Cajun restaurants here, just Cajun-Italian and Cajun-Mexican and Cajun-Snow-Cone and so on. Nonetheless, great food.)
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2004, 08:11:17 pm »

I've never eaten at a Carraba's, partly because I've heard only bad things partly because in the radio ads they have southern accents. For an italian place.

That's. Not. Right! </Lewis Black>
Logged

TALKYdude

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 166
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2004, 08:39:33 pm »

I really like these suicidegirls' tattoos.
(Not safe for work at most people's jobs, probably) Rose's lovely spider and Jetta's cute lines tracing her collarbones.
Not sure* where I found this, but it reminds me of a Tool cd cover, or something. Gorgeous.
And this bald girl has insanely beautiful tattoos but it looks too good to be real; I think it must be computer graphics.
*(I have a folder full of cool tattoos I run across; the image has an "inkygirls" watermark but I've never been to that site. I should probably check it out considering how much I like to look at tattoos on girls)
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2004, 10:56:59 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Cajun-Snow-Cone and so on. Nonetheless, great food.)


Damn. I want one of those. Blue Jambalaya Razzberry. Raaaad!

Quote from: "TALKYdude"
I really like these suicidegirls' tattoos.
(Not safe for work at most people's jobs, probably) Rose's lovely spider and Jetta's cute lines tracing her collarbones.
Not sure* where I found this, but it reminds me of a Tool cd cover, or something. Gorgeous.
And this bald girl has insanely beautiful tattoos but it looks too good to be real; I think it must be computer graphics


I have such a weakness for punk girls. I want more tattoos. Some people (aHEM) have said that "damn, there's bound to be some regrets" but I think they're great. My next project is to get a large full-colour piece done. Probably on my back, but possibly on my shoulder. We'll see.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2004, 05:28:31 am »

Hey, I was already thinking about starting a tat thread. Do you guys want to continue this over in, umm, Wild Card? Because the thread will be WAITING.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2004, 05:58:32 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I can pee with others around but not with somebody looking directly at me (such as an S.O.). I also refuse to pee at the kiddie urinal when all the others are taken because I feel silly.


I don't have a trouble peeing in the presence of others.  Taking a dump, however, is a different matter entirely.  I'd feel much more comfortable if the stall walls and door went all the way to the floor.  Plus, they should design the toilets so your pepper doesn't touch the rim.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2004, 06:06:29 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "linnea"
Something had... somehow... not quite made it.


You'd be amazed at how often that happens, especially in restaurants where elderly people go a lot.

You'd also be amazed at who gets to clean that up. You wouldn't think that, you know, a HOST would have to clean up feces. You'd think, yeah, janitorial staff, busboys, sure. Not the lowest-paid worker. Surely HE wouldn't have to wipe up bean-looking shit.

Well, you'd be wrong.

Cleaning up RAW FECAL MATTER with a spray-bottle of disinfectant and a load of paper towels. Thank God we had those throw-away latex gloves. I gave my notice that same day, right after shooting one of the gloves at my boss.

 
That is truly nasty.  I had a similar experience with one of my first jobs.  My official title at this busy-ass chain restaurant was "Dish Machine Operator" aka DMO.  The DMO wasn't just the dishwasher, but the trash-taker-outer, floor cleaner and bathroom restocker.  Mind you, I was often the only DMO on duty, so succesfully juggling all these tasks was just not possible.  Needless to say, I was let go in relatively short order.  I never had to touch another dude's stew, though - there or any of the other food service jobs I've had the pleasure of experiencing.  At the last restaurant I worked at, that task was left to the squirrely looking dishwasher with the mullet.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2004, 04:40:20 pm »

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I can pee with others around but not with somebody looking directly at me (such as an S.O.). I also refuse to pee at the kiddie urinal when all the others are taken because I feel silly.

I don't have a trouble peeing in the presence of others.  Taking a dump, however, is a different matter entirely.  I'd feel much more comfortable if the stall walls and door went all the way to the floor.  Plus, they should design the toilets so your pepper doesn't touch the rim.

I'm convinced that workday poops are the reason that cell phone games were invented. I just feel self-conscious when somebody else hears the keys. But less self-conscious than being seen walking into the stall with a big ass hardcover book.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2004, 04:57:06 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
workday poops


This is why I've decided I will only work in places that have private, employee-only, one-toilet bathrooms. That way, once you've been at work 6 hours, and you've already taken your break, and you've got two hours left, you can just snag the keys and head on back to "the office." There goes 10 minutes, man. It's basically how non-smokers make up for not getting smoke breaks.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2004, 08:33:26 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
workday poops

This is why I've decided I will only work in places that have private, employee-only, one-toilet bathrooms. That way, once you've been at work 6 hours, and you've already taken your break, and you've got two hours left, you can just snag the keys and head on back to "the office." There goes 10 minutes, man. It's basically how non-smokers make up for not getting smoke breaks.

People at my work have actually gotten into fights about this via the suggestion box. The non-smokers are pissed that the smokers take two 15's a day plus smoke breaks and the smokers are pissed that they have to stand out on the patio in the rain and snow.

I just take extra poop breaks or go into the film closet to "file."
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2004, 09:22:50 pm »

I have a PDA with all manner of e-books on it to serve this purpose.  The games on my cell phone are lame.  I think I read 2/3's of Great Expectations in the can at work.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
oh, those suicidegirls
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2004, 04:51:37 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Mantonio"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
I can pee with others around but not with somebody looking directly at me (such as an S.O.). I also refuse to pee at the kiddie urinal when all the others are taken because I feel silly.

I don't have a trouble peeing in the presence of others.  Taking a dump, however, is a different matter entirely.  I'd feel much more comfortable if the stall walls and door went all the way to the floor.  Plus, they should design the toilets so your pepper doesn't touch the rim.

I'm convinced that workday poops are the reason that cell phone games were invented. I just feel self-conscious when somebody else hears the keys. But less self-conscious than being seen walking into the stall with a big ass hardcover book.


I think my self conciousness regarding dump taking in public restrooms has something to do with the restrooms I encountered during the later part of elementry school and junior high.  It seems that some of the boys would use the stalls to commit acts of vandalism.  The school administrators, geniuses they were, decided the best way to counter these wanton acts of destruction by REMOVING THE FRICKING DOORS FROM THE FRICKING STALLS I SHIT YOU NOT! Woe unto the poor child who had to drop the kids off at the pool during school hours.  Thank Jebus this was in the days before security camera's, though I think that would probably be illegal.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up