Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm thinking about not voting in this election.  (Read 12729 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2004, 07:32:40 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I mean, I knew he was an idiot when I voted for him, but I figured the president doesn't really make any important decisions anyway, and he'd be hand-held by his daddy's friends, whom he gave all of the key positions to.


I cannot entirely fathom deliberately voting for a man you believe is an idiot, but different strokes for different folks, I suppose.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2004, 07:52:51 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Concurrently, I find the "the terrorists want Bush to lose" to be freakin' ridiculous.  I think they will continue to hate us regardless of who our president is.


Maybe.  But...
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2004, 08:36:12 pm »

Yeah, I don't buy the "If you vote for X the terrorists have won" propaganda.

But do you seriously think that the Bush family and terrorists (i.e. Al Quaeda) have no connection?  The attack just *happened* to occur while the second president of the Bush family dynasty was in power?

I mean, I'm hardly a conspiracy nut but I don't brush off the obvious as mere coincidence either.

And yes, the presidency is more than a man.  The presidency is a group of people.  Both sides are pretty much beholden to the same power source in the U.S. - those campaign contributors give money to both parties, and they stand the most to gain or lose by who is in power.  There are only so many incredibly wealthy people of influence in the U.S., and they make sure that things go their way.

If you're stupid enough to think you want to wear the big boy ##### because you're the "president" you'll likely end up choking on a pretzel.

In any case, at least the Democrats *pretend* that they care about the people of the U.S. and will occasionally throw a bone our way - the Bush Republicans are so blatantly pro-rich-white-guys that they may as well all grow thin mustaches and wring their hands together while bellowing "BWOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2004, 08:41:07 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
In any case, at least the Democrats *pretend* that they care about the people of the U.S. and will occasionally throw a bone our way - the Bush Republicans are so blatantly pro-rich-white-guys that they may as well all grow thin mustaches and wring their hands together while bellowing "BWOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

This would make a good political cartoon. They could be tying ECONOMY to the railroad tracks or something.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2004, 03:46:40 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "jough"
In any case, at least the Democrats *pretend* that they care about the people of the U.S. and will occasionally throw a bone our way - the Bush Republicans are so blatantly pro-rich-white-guys that they may as well all grow thin mustaches and wring their hands together while bellowing "BWOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

This would make a good political cartoon. They could be tying ECONOMY to the railroad tracks or something.


Such as making KERRY walk the plank, or scoffing in tophats as as CIVIL RIGHTS begs for money on the street corner
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2004, 12:46:49 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
In any case, at least the Democrats *pretend* that they care about the people of the U.S. and will occasionally throw a bone our way - the Bush Republicans are so blatantly pro-rich-white-guys that they may as well all grow thin mustaches and wring their hands together while bellowing "BWOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

"Upon entering the Young Republicans all members must take a 2-day class on maniacal laughter"

</Far Side ripoff tribute>
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2004, 05:11:19 am »

I'm feeling much better now.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2004, 05:34:30 am »

EXCELLENT news, Limmo. Excellent.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2004, 05:47:35 am »

Glad you're glad.  I didn't know you were a chef!
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2004, 06:12:10 am »

Now you do!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
I'm thinking about not voting in this election.
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2004, 12:36:01 pm »

This website made me very happy when I found it yesterday.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up