Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Poll

Who ya like to rule the NFL this year?

Eagles
- 0 (0%)
Patriots
- 3 (10%)
Colts
- 3 (10%)
Panthers
- 1 (3.3%)
Seahawks
- 2 (6.7%)
Chiefs
- 1 (3.3%)
someone else
- 8 (26.7%)
jeez, who CARES?
- 12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 09, 2004, 01:25:06 pm


Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Europeans call it "gridiron"  (Read 26782 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2005, 08:45:05 pm »

Man, those commercials with the chimps were SOOOOO annoying.

I thought the Puffy Pepsi truck spot was funny.  But in general, lameness abounded!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2005, 08:52:34 pm »

Screw you guys, I missed it all but three plays.  And one of the stupid Hammer commercials.

But I was reading about the history of ecology.

Also:  Boo Patriots.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #137 on: February 07, 2005, 09:10:26 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
But more importantly: they gave CBG a name! Sweet zombie jesus!

Okay, I'll bite: what is it? (And if it turns out to be "Guy Comicbook" or something like that, I'm taking my bloody revenge on the world that has scorned me.)
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #138 on: February 07, 2005, 09:12:05 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
But more importantly: they gave CBG a name! Sweet zombie jesus!

Okay, I'll bite: what is it? (And if it turns out to be "Guy Comicbook" or something like that, I'm taking my bloody revenge on the world that has scorned me.)


It's Sweet Zombie Jesus.

I used to follow the show relgiously, but I haven't seen more than a half a dozen new episodes in the last three years.  I need to get back on that.

I do have all the DVDs so far, though.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #139 on: February 07, 2005, 09:24:23 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Okay, I'll bite: what is it? (And if it turns out to be "Guy Comicbook" or something like that, I'm taking my bloody revenge on the world that has scorned me.)


I saw it last night, but couldn't remember it.  A message board claims "Jeff Albertson", which sounds about right.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2005, 02:49:46 pm »

Yours truly was a sad guy Monday night.  I don't know which is worse:  having your team get blown out, or having your team lose a close game that they really coulda woulda shoulda won.  McNabb throws five more passes on-target, and the Eagles win.

Apparently McNabb was trying not to hurl on the field late in the game, which helps explain some of the clock-management weirdness.  There's speculation he may have had a concussion.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2005, 07:40:23 pm »

So how'd your guys do in the draft?  I can't for the life of me understand why Green Bay drafted a WR in the second round when we badly need defense, but I'm excited that they finally did something at quarterback.  Our offensive line got blown up before the draft, and I have the feeling that Favre isn't going to have the protection he's enjoyed in the past.  I think that that may speed his retirement, so hopefully Aaron Rogers will get up to speed quickly.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2005, 10:46:27 pm »

The Redskins ballsed up their first round pick, taking Yet Another Quarterback. I think we have thirteen now. They improved in later rounds, filling in the gaps on defense from the exodus they had. Ultimately, it was a sad draft - the 'Skins had the 2nd ranked defense last year, but had to cover the losses on that side of the ball instead of helping the offense out.

I have a feeling we'll tread water, and have a season remarkably like last year's.
Logged

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2005, 10:59:23 pm »

Having just discovered this nearly year-old thread, I see I am the only member to have voted for the Panthers.  And I was on the fence between them and 'jeez who cares'.

Good luck Panthers!
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2005, 11:14:03 pm »

Well our first two picks look pretty solid, one on either side of the ball. Unfortunately, once again we have a first rounder (Shawne Merriman) who has decided not to report. Seems like that happens every year.

Ah well, I'm sure our other second rounder, Luis "The Juice" Castillo, will make up for it, if we can get that needle out of his neck.

I would have started a new thread for this, but I couldn't think of a more clever title.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2005, 01:32:07 pm »

I get queasy when I think of the Packers prospects this year.  We made no improvements on defense other than a new defensive coordinator, the third in as many years.  We lost two guards for salary cap reasons and replaced them with injury prone free agent acquisitions.  We've done nothing about our cornerback situation, and one of our CBs is fighting a sexual assault charge by a stripper.  Our star running back has a domestic assault charge hanging over his head and is currently going through a divorce.  Our fourth year star wide receiver and our only big-man run stopper have hired Drew Rosenhaus and are holding out.  

About the only good news coming from the team is that Favre has been working out in the off season and is supposedly in very good shape, and somebody in Wisconsin invented a beer tap that can fill a draft beer in two seconds flat and they're thinking about installing those taps at Lambeau.

In management's defense, it does look like they're looking to the future; Unfortunately I think that is at the expense of any sort of competitiveness this year.  I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2005, 03:57:45 pm »

I think you guys got yet another QB, though. So you got that goin' for you, which is nice.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2005, 04:46:10 pm »

Can't think about football.  It's still baseball season, and the teams I like haven't been effectively eliminated yet.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2005, 06:14:02 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Can't think about football.  It's still baseball season, and the teams I like haven't been effectively eliminated yet.


I'm a Royals fan.  I've been in football preparation mode since about April 13th.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2005, 06:05:45 pm »

It looks like Merriman's main concern was that the way the league runs things, a rookie has no guarantees going into off-season workouts in reference to potential injuries. If he gets hurt, them's the breaks. I can see it from both sides, I just wish it wasn't always our friggin' number ones that have to dick around like this. Of course, everybody adores Ladainian Tomlinson and thinks he's a stand-up guy now, but how many fans remember that he sat out at one point, too?

(Disclaimer: I adore LT and think he's a stand-up guy.)

I sure wish we had a better wideout corps, but then we'd be trending toward the Indy region and we all know how well that works.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up