Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Poll

Who ya like to rule the NFL this year?

Eagles
- 0 (0%)
Patriots
- 3 (10%)
Colts
- 3 (10%)
Panthers
- 1 (3.3%)
Seahawks
- 2 (6.7%)
Chiefs
- 1 (3.3%)
someone else
- 8 (26.7%)
jeez, who CARES?
- 12 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: September 09, 2004, 01:25:06 pm


Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: The Europeans call it "gridiron"  (Read 26781 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2004, 02:58:14 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
I'd really get into this if poll results didn't indicate that half of you could not care any less than you already do.

they don't have to read this thread.

I still read it ever time on the off chance that it will start wandering. And I'm always disappointed.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2004, 03:26:12 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I still read it ever time on the off chance that it will start wandering. And I'm always disappointed.


Will this be the first thread ever locked for remaining on topic?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2004, 07:33:37 pm »

Does anyone out there know which TEs are tied for the record? I believe it is Ditka, Christiensen, and Walls, but there should be one or two more. There is an actual football messageboard that I read sometimes, but they are too busy writing things like:

ELI SVCKS THE COCK BLAH BLAH EAT ME
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2004, 08:17:08 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
There is an actual football messageboard that I read sometimes, but they are too busy writing things like:

ELI SVCKS THE COCK BLAH BLAH EAT ME

Dude, you spelled "sux teh coq" wrong.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2004, 08:28:25 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
There is an actual football messageboard that I read sometimes, but they are too busy writing things like:

ELI SVCKS THE COCK BLAH BLAH EAT ME

Dude, you spelled "sux teh coq" wrong.

Yeah, it's a dialect. I did get it wrong, though. It turns out it is actually "SVCKS THE CO<K" over there.

Heck, I'd like to go ahead and thank every last one of you, profusely, for being part of a community that is not both repellant and repugnant. It is truly a joy to be able to discuss things here without all the rancor and small-mindedness of other boards. It is also really nice that we can do it without the mods having to be so heavy-handed, as sometimes happens in other places. I viewed another football messageboard recently where the discourse was better than the one I was talking about, but it featured a 300-post sticky topic about why people are upset about certain avatars on the board. Tiresome. Ummm, maybe you could just turn them off?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2004, 10:41:48 pm »

what happened to wassisname, the awesome TE for greenbay couple of few years ago that was like best buds with favre and had, i think, a superman tattoo.  i want call him chewbacca for some reason.

didn't he kill someone or something?

he was a damn good TE though.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2004, 11:27:50 pm »

That slowed him down a bit, true. Isn't it Chmura, though? Because now I'm thinking of him as Mark Chimera.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2004, 02:41:13 pm »

ya, him.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2004, 01:08:17 am »

I hear there are actually people out there who said that Packers-Eagles was a possible NFC Championship preview, and even those who said the Packers would win, as the Eagles were due for a let-down.

To those people I say WHAT.  FREAKIN.  EVER.

And the Falcons get shut out by Tampa... if the Eagles don't make the Super Bowl this year I swear I am giving up football.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2004, 02:18:18 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
I hear there are actually people out there who said that Packers-Eagles was a possible NFC Championship preview, and even those who said the Packers would win, as the Eagles were due for a let-down.

To those people I say WHAT.  FREAKIN.  EVER.


I was one of those people.  I drank the Kool-Aid.  I apologize for my insolence and beg your forgiveness.  

Is the hurting over yet?  Can I turn it off now?
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2004, 04:25:34 pm »

I expect the Stillers to have a better showing against Jacksonville. Just a strange season this year. I wish San Diego had some better receivers. That Denver game was the sort of game that Chargers fans are used to seeing them lose, and this time they were on the other side of it - but that sort of play won't take them very far against Indy/Pitt/NE. An elite team would just take them apart.

All that aside, every time the New York (football) Gnats lose a game, my smile gets a little bigger.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2004, 05:04:37 pm »

This was a critical game for the Bolts, and I wish that they had stayed on the roll they had through three quarters, instead of sort of coming apart and hanging on. A wins a win, I guess, but I would have felt more confident for next week, against a surging Tampa Bay team that just blanked Mike Vick and the Falcons. I suppose it's good that it's at home - and it'll be more of a home crowd than this game was.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2004, 06:51:22 pm »

The Iggles should still probably make it out of the generally crappy AFC, though it is much less a sure thing than it was a week ago.  The team I fear, actually, is the Carolina Panthers, who I hope lose in the next two weeks and miss the playoffs altogether.

Maybe, MAYBE TO will be back for the Super Bowl, should they get that far.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2004, 07:14:18 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Well, I'd say my Stillers and the Chargers are sitting in a pretty good spot thanks to those ugly ass orange jersey wearing 'fins.


You're welcome.

Man, this was about the first time all year I'd gotten to watch my beloved Dolphins.  So I was excited about MNF, especially when they kept it close and didn't get slaughtered the way I'd expected them to.  But then I committed a heinous sin.  With 2 minutes or so left and up 7 already, the Pats took it down to the 30.  I turned off the TV, so I didn't see my favorite team upset their division rival.  I'm a bad fan.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
The Europeans call it "gridiron"
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2004, 07:31:34 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I turned off the TV, so I didn't see my favorite team upset their division rival.  I'm a bad fan.


Philly/Green Bay a couple weeks ago is the first time in a couple of years I've tuned out in the middle of a game.  I think I am finally starting to admit to myself that the Packers just aren't a very good team this year.  If I have to choose a team to get behind in the playoffs once Green Bay goes down I think I'll have to go with the Steelers, although it would be excellent if McNabb could get the Eagles to the playoffs without TO.  

What's up with the Chefs deciding to play football now that they're long since eliminated?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up