Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: house shoe phenomenon  (Read 9034 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
house shoe phenomenon
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2004, 03:49:49 pm »

You can pull off boots with a suit as long as they are shiny.  It's the dullness of most boots that people object to.

I don't wear sweaters, but yes, I wear a suit a lot (regular tie - bow ties are far too "out there" to be conservative - although Raj from The Apprentice" seems to pull it off) even at social gatherings and non-work occasions.

However, when I am home it is pretty much either jeans and some kind of button-down striped shirt, or khakis and an oxford.   I have never owned "cargo #####" but I like the idea of all of the pockets for my cell phone, mp3 player, pda, etc.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
house shoe phenomenon
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2004, 03:55:03 pm »

This is why dockers mobile ##### were such a great invention. I wish the still made them. I could keep my phone down inside the leg pocket and all was right with the world.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 02:09:30 pm by CortJstr »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
house shoe phenomenon
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2004, 06:21:41 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"


my ability to "clean up nicely" is highly underdeveloped.
i have been told on many occassions that black boots, no matter how polished, are not "dress shoes" and should not be worn with a suit.



Here in Texas boots [cowboy] are de rigueur with a suit.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
house shoe phenomenon
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2004, 06:38:58 pm »

Hey Paul!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
house shoe phenomenon
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2004, 07:19:04 pm »

Shit the bed! Paul are you back? Or is this another tease post from the library?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up