Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3  (Read 8365 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Roast Beef has a twin brother!????
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 05:55:27 pm »

Quote from: "sensate"
Did I somehow miss this?

The mind reels.


It is this cat.

He is in the straight-up dopest Serializer strip. Go here and buy a month of it right now.

I was going to ask CortJstr for help, but I did it all by myself!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: Roast Beef's Twin
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 05:13:57 pm »

Duh...I never realized he and Showbiz were twins.

Besides, being a cat and all sort of negates the whole idea of twins anyway. Thanks.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2004, 10:55:44 pm »

Just in case there was any doubt, machetes and tequila do not mix.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2004, 11:21:09 pm »

Quote from: "Ray"
Another guy . . . decided that he could swallow a flaming machete. The doctors say that he'll never speak again . . .

Any party that can make a person think this is, at some level, a successful party.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2004, 06:39:37 am »

Re: The Tequila and Machetes Thing

This bit had some great moments.  There are some lovely jokes in both the setup post and the payoff.  However, it was just too obvious that the first post was a setup post.  I mean, tequila and machetes?  Wha?  Where did that party theme come from?  Ray is Ray and Ray is goofy in his own way (and sophisticated in his own way.)  But I had trouble believing that Ray was goofy enough to mix tequila and machetes.  What's next?  Fireworks and blowtorches?  Israelis and Palestineans?

At least Beef didn't lose an organ.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2004, 03:02:39 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Re: The Tequila and Machetes Thing

At least Beef didn't lose an organ.


I just loved the image of the guy who lost his thumb cradling his hand like Luke. Loved it!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2004, 03:45:57 pm »

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history—with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. —  Mitch Ratliffe
Logged

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2004, 04:49:39 pm »

Yeah, Ray's party was an obvious setup, but it was a fuckin' funny one nonetheless.

Props to the ritual machete torture.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2004, 05:16:09 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history—with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. —  Mitch Ratliffe


Thankyou! I've always loved that quote, but couldn't remember where I found it. It's in the first few pages, or first page, of a book I have somewhere... Palahniuk maybe?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2004, 05:27:42 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history—with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. —  Mitch Ratliffe

Thankyou! I've always loved that quote, but couldn't remember where I found it. It's in the first few pages, or first page, of a book I have somewhere... Palahniuk maybe?

I've only ever seen it online and out of context so I couldn't help you.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2004, 07:00:26 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

I've only ever seen it online and out of context so I couldn't help you.


Let down by the CortJstr'er! Dang!
I keep getting the feeling it might have been Salmon of Doubt now, but it doesn't sound right to me. Ah well, I can't be bothered to go through all of my books.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2004, 07:25:13 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Let down by the CortJstr'er! Dang!
I keep getting the feeling it might have been Salmon of Doubt now, but it doesn't sound right to me. Ah well, I can't be bothered to go through all of my books.

It's definitely older than SoD. I've had in my quote list for several years now.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2004, 07:32:48 pm »

Could this be it?

Not that it means much without a link to the original article, I suppose, and the site only goes back to '97.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2004, 11:17:56 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

Not that it means much without a link to the original article, I suppose, and the site only goes back to '97.


No, no it's quoted at the start of a piece of fiction I own. I am thinking then it is in the front of Choke by Palahniuk, but I can't check as my mother has my copy at the moment.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Blogs: 10-28 to 11-3
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2004, 11:48:25 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"

Not that it means much without a link to the original article, I suppose, and the site only goes back to '97.


No, no it's quoted at the start of a piece of fiction I own. I am thinking then it is in the front of Choke by Palahniuk, but I can't check as my mother has my copy at the moment.

When was that published? Amazon says 2001, with parts published in Playboy before then, but that other link says 1992 for the quote.

Sorry, I just looked and the driving purpose behind your question was where you had seen it. This is why I shouldn't get involved with these things.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up